• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 034 Super/036

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BVdog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Sold ! Sold !
I have for sale a recently rebuilt 034 Super that had a bad piston. I bought a very clean Stihl OEM Cylinder and piston from a 036 both 034 Super & 036 are 48mm bore. I put new rings, filter, gasket, plug, used top cover because the 034 Super did not have the hole for the decompression. Also the cylinder fins are slightly larger on the 036 so the top cover was a must. Brand new 20” Power match bar 3/8” x .050 that takes 72 DL’s. I am running low on chains so it will be saw and bar. I cut with it for about 45 minutes a few days ago. Nice power to weight saw. The only finicky part is the choke lever & linkage . If someone buys it I will explain in detail about what to watch for. I will put a few pictures up including the OEM piston that was used. I will also supply a video in a few days. ( if we don’t get snowed in). Thanks for looking ... $295 plus shipping saw and bar (no chain). I have a video I can send out . The saw is tuned very rich in the video like all of my saws...12,800 rpm’s( sorry about the snow but wanted to get a video) Thanks for looking and for questions I appreciate a PM. I am pretty worn out on this forum stuff. I usually sale on eBay .. pay the fees and stand behind my stuff . I have a 100% rating since 2001 on eBay .

b90648ee6943111d6fb2b86919287b73.jpg
d4b7726530c4bb2a6bcd166ec9be7839.jpg
3e9c1c6478ecbc5466e3a4a38515c5a7.jpg
d0e89d703f5b82f2016f433188933ffb.jpg
c9b2474af047bfa939d78681a7c9265d.jpg
8b39440f0f69556514677ff589702ac7.jpg
70156e6303488dd433c43b245700d4a3.jpg
a6801d381362d828e555a479c4e72451.jpg
025b3630ef1834157539a35a99010708.jpg
767a506a46499a1ec5d29d2b4d640fb0.jpg
e2525a6e97a2528f915bd23a9a804584.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's likely that a new contact spring will fix the choke "issue". $1.49 part at the Stihler. I'm to the point now where I just put one on every part order when I'm doing one of these. If I'm way off I apologize, just trying to share experience.

Interesting. Does this sometimes solve the fail-to-bump-off-of-high-idle problem?

Interesting. Does this sometimes solve the fail-to-bump-off-of-high-idle problem?
Failure to kill, failure to close the choke completely(I screwed with the linkage for 15 min), failure to hold any of the positions. I've never had one not come off of high idle, but for $1.49 why not? The only thing to note is that there are two springs listed in the IPL so if you don't know, take yours in with you.

This is not the issue and I would rather entertain conversation for selling the saw and questions about my saw. Thanks guys .

So what's the deal with it?
What killed the original piston?
Did you replace the impulse line on this saw?
Did you replace the fuel line on this saw?
Which carb does it have?
Did you re-build it?

Thanks.

No extra cylinder and the saw runs great. I am interested in talking with potential buyers . If you are interested please PM and I will provide a video Saturday morning of the saw running. Thanks and I notice in your ads you ask for PM’s when asking for details ... so I am not sure why you are asking so much about my saw when we both know you have ZERO desire to buy my saw???? Please explain yourself. Thanks

PM sent, are you telling me I can't buy it?

Let’s set the record straight here. Did you post a picture of piston and ask if you should or could use it???? Nothing wrong with that especially if you are very new to 2 stroke rebuilding . But what is very wrong in my book is to get on my ad and ask me questions like I am at your level or below. You don’t know me or anything about me.

Let’s set the record straight here. Did you post a picture of piston and ask if you should or could use it???? Nothing wrong with that especially if you are very new to 2 stroke rebuilding . But what is very wrong in my book is to get on my ad and ask me questions like I am at your level or below. You don’t know me or anything about me.

Why was it wrong to learn if anyone uses a piston like that? Apparently while stalking me you failed to read the whole thread. That piston is actually in my loaner saw now. You'd really crap if you saw the cylinder I used on that saw that I got from @quattro90 :eek:.

Are you suggesting that I would off that on somebody? Because everyone I've spoken with says that I am sometimes too descriptive.

It's the nasty looking one in the foreground.

Attachments

• 20190105_124552.jpg
    20190105_124552.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
BTW I still haven't gotten a PM returned with my questions answered. But now that I've been accused of being a shady seller or a liar I'm not interested.

You are starting some real trouble . You know what my point was... if you have to ask about using that piston WHY ARE YOU QUESTIONING ME? We are not on the same level or near. All you are trying to do is ruin sales ... very simple. I don’t care who or what you sale .. never implied . I only worry about my business ESPECIALLY when people get on my ads just to destroy my reputation . I am going to ask you politely for the last time to quit bothering my ads with your nonsense. That’s as nice as I can be at this point . Thanks

Does this look like someone who isn't interested in buying?
Screenshot_20190118-134034_Chrome.jpg
If anyone's ruining your sales it's the salesman. All I started out trying to do was help. I have no idea what these "levels" are, but if yours involves selling dirty saws with secret information I'm good right where I am.

I will give you directions to my house . Come on over I will show you some saws. My dirty saws are used for cutting wood as my ads show and talk about .

Well I learned today that sending A PM and inviting someone over my house to run saws.. that makes me a Keyboard threatening warrior . WOW this 64 yr old guy has a lot to learn I guess .. right when I thought I was being nice and instead of the back and forth stuff . drive 3 hours and we will cut some wood ???? Oh well live and learn I guess .

I learned today that offering what I thought was help, or asking questions about an item you are selling is met with insults and threats, whether it be in private or public. I tried Bill, yet I still don't have the answer why the choke doesn't work on this saw, or to any of my other most basic questions about a re-build...

Finicky ... go look it up . It’s not perfect like brand new. My invite to just about anyone. I kindly asked you to stay off my ads but you are insisting . I invited you over but your excuse 3 hrs and I am threatening?? I am not a Dr and don’t usually like to give medical advice BUT honestly .. relax, drink a beer and work on your stuff and quit worrying about who is selling what and PLEASE stay off my ads . Thank you .
8bac0fa36507c64d5bce725bd74c227d.png

Back