Stihl 034AV carburetor problem?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
034 and 036 ipl I have shows oil pump, washer, a bushing in the worm gear, a big washer, then clutch.
When I got the saw, the bushing and small washer weren't there. It stripped the worm gear

Older 034s do not always utilize the clutch washer. The oiler bushing is always present though. There are many variations in this series and I usually try to add the upgrades to rebuilds (exhaust heat shield, clutch system, a couple others).

Older 034s do not always utilize the clutch washer. The oiler bushing is always present though. There are many variations in this series and I usually try to add the upgrades to rebuilds (exhaust heat shield, clutch system, a couple others).
I'm noticing that too. On mine, it's a tight squeeze to get the e clip in. Shoulda left it out. But if the bushing isn't there, the worm won't last long

I found thin washer and aced that behind the clutch after I cleaned it up. The saw ran more better, but I will be ordering new clutch springs. How much of a pain is it to replace clutch springs? Is there a special tool? Or just a lot of swearing and pliers?

I found thin washer and placed that behind the clutch after I cleaned it up. The saw ran better, but I will be ordering new clutch springs. How much of a pain is it to replace clutch springs? Is there a special tool? Or just a lot of swearing and pliers?

Back