Stihl 036 for $70

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes your plug from your 460 will work.

Yes its a zama carb on it.

If it doesn't have a decomp it isn't a pro model...your thinking about the 026/260 where the adj. oiler designates the pro. Both non pro and pro 036's had adj. oilers.

I couldn't see the pics of the saw because the ad has been deleted, but it sounds like you got a great deal on that saw.

Yes I am pretty happy with it, I think I might sell the 435 now and make the 036 my small saw with a 16 inch bar so it won't bog at all. I will try to post some pics in a day or two, prolly in a new thread with a bunch of questions I have.

All 036/ms360s are "pro" saws. The PRO thing came along later as a marketing tool to justify charging a bit more for decomp & adj oilers. BTW, my first model year 036 has an adjustable oiler, every bit as "pro" as a PRO.

You did good. 160#, w/o knowing anything else my guess is carb problems. Typically you either have spark or not. If it were me I'd clean the carb out, ditch the old fuel, new fuel filter and spark plug.....go from there. $60? You stole it, even if it were stuffed it's worth much more than that in parts.

Also, were the 036's mufflers choked up at all like new saws are? I dunno if muffler mod will do any good for it?

Not really necessary. My 036 is stone cold stock since day one and I have zero complaints. The later 360s might have gotten a bit more restrictive, but the 036 mufflers flow readily and sound nice w/o splitting ear drums.

Back