• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 041 air filter base

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushinrio12

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My 041 AV Farm Boss electronic (figured I should be specific) has an air filter base that is all cracked up and broken. I was thinking of removing all the JB Weld gooped in there by the previous owner and repairing it with aluminum rods, but if I can get one for around $20, that would be much easier. The part number on it is 1110 141 0802. I would also consider buying a complete parts saw that is exactly like mine. Thank you!

This auction listing is exactly what I am looking for.

The one I have is broken. Must be a common problem. I have 2 boxes of parts if you need anything else .

The rear handle/frame is also broken, but I am going to try my hand at repairing that with aluminum rod. Do you think I could repair the cracked insulation over the spark plug wire? There is only one break in the insulation and the spark output is nice. I wonder if there is some product I could use to insulate the wire again to keep from getting shocked. The previous owner had a small fuel hose over the broken insulation, but I think the spark could still get through. What are your thoughts?

The day after I posted that question, someone else told me I should try heat shrink over liquid tape. Now I've heard it twice, I guess I will try it. Thanks, Brushwacker.

I did get one, thank you. Actually, I repaired everything and the 041 is running nicely. I haven't spent a day in the woods with it yet, but it seems fine. I tried repairing the filter base, but quickly found that it is made of magnesium! Mag doesn't repair as well as aluminum. The rear handle, however, is aluminum, and the repair I put on that with alumiweld rods is holding so far. For the spark plug wire crack, I filled the gap with liquid electrical tape then covered it with three layers of Nitro tape. Nitro tape is rated for 8,000 volts per layer, so I figured that should be enough for a coil that I read puts out around 20,000 volts. The only real problem is that the tape is red, which looks funny on the saw. Of course, the aluminum globbed onto the rear handle doesn't look all that spectacular, either! Ah, well. Function over form.

The rear handle/frame is also broken, but I am going to try my hand at repairing that with aluminum rod. Do you think I could repair the cracked insulation over the spark plug wire? There is only one break in the insulation and the spark output is nice. I wonder if there is some product I could use to insulate the wire again to keep from getting shocked. The previous owner had a small fuel hose over the broken insulation, but I think the spark could still get through. What are your thoughts?
I have a decent rear handle

Back