Stihl 041 curious issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you apply air pressure to it, will the gauge hold air?
Haven't tested that way. But, I had it running. Took the carb off and blowing through the nipple wouldn't even move the vapor in the crankcase.
It will completely shut off a carb cleaner tube against the end of it as well as an air compressor nozzle. I mean stopped up.
I'll put a gauge on it after while.
Unless there is something I don't know (plenty really) it should be straight shot in to the crank case.

That isnt the greatest way... careful not to score it score it up if you are talking the metal one, or puncture if the rubber one.

A heated ultrasonic goes a long way for issues like this.

Which nozzle are you talking about? One of the metal ones on the carb itself or one of the rubber ones?

That isnt the greatest way... careful not to score it score it up if you are talking the metal one, or puncture if the rubber one.

A heated ultrasonic goes a long way for issues like this.

Which nozzle are you talking about? One of the metal ones on the carb itself or one of the rubber ones?

The nipple that goes in the crankcase where the impulse line goes.

A quick look at the IPL, there is a good possibility ot is the pickup that is clogged rather than the elbow.

Hopefully it is the elbow though.

Not a pipe cleaner buddy. But a torch tip cleaner. They are abrasive small metal wires on a metal card.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Had not thought of that buddy. I have torch cleaners, not sure they would make the turn. It's is a hard short radius 90.
Anyhow, I got it started with a straightened cir clip. Kept digging brown crud out. Then I took a very small cable tie and kept punching it until it went through.

BTW Harley, it would hold 30 pounds. Hard to imagine how they managed or what they managed to stop it up with. New one on me.

Good deal. I've seen small pieces of sealant from cyl. bases get drawn in the brass tubes and get stuck or intermittently cover the port causing loss of impulse to pump the fuel. Very tricky to diagnosis. Glad you found it.

Latest posts

Back