Stihl 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BloodOnTheIce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got my 044 that I bought off ebay running today, most of the time I'll run a 18" or 20" on it but just wondering what's the biggest bar
I could run on it with standard 3/8" RSC chain.

Last fall

Last fall I came upon a dude with a 044 with a 25" rippin' up about a 36" ash tree like it was nothing... I bout fell down when I saw it, but it was walking right through it like it wasn't even there... Ash doesn't cut like that soft pine either. It's about every bit as hard as oak. I was VERY impressed... :clap:

:cheers:

Knowing I had a 40" oak coming up, I just picked up a used 28" bar for my 440 and put a 3/8" full chisel on her. I had it buried in oak and it never seemed happier. I was a little skeptical at first and was thinking I'd rather have a 24" bar on it long term, but after running it with the 28", I doubt I go back to anything smaller.

I ended up paying too much so thankfully all it needed was a carb kit. I think when this project is done I'll look for an 036 and have all my ranges covered between my 026, 044 and 036.

What's the part number for the dual port cover, I tried looking it up on part smart but didn't have any luck.

the dual port cover is only listed on the 046/460. It was never available on the 044/440, even though it fits

Back