• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 048 SEM ignition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyp

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hi all,

Long shot, chasing an SEM ignition coil (IPL doesn’t appear to have a part number sorry) for a stihl 048 saw

Currently have one, dies when it warms up and having had a few 056’s in the past with sem ignitions I’m guessing it’s the same problem

I’m in Australia but happy to pay reasonable postage from anywhere

Thanks

Sam

If it's the same coil as a Husqvarna 2100, they are still available, try eBay to see if it's the same coil, pretty sure they are

had a look mate, it looks very familiar to an 056 SEM ignition and one stated it fits an 051 (which i've never had one so not sure).

but definitely not an 048 coil, so i'm still on the hunt if anyone has one.

thanks,

hi all,

Long shot, chasing an SEM ignition coil (IPL doesn’t appear to have a part number sorry) for a stihl 048 saw

Currently have one, dies when it warms up and having had a few 056’s in the past with sem ignitions I’m guessing it’s the same problem

I’m in Australia but happy to pay reasonable postage from anywhere

Thanks

Sam

Try eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post a picture? Is it the SEM that fully encompasses the stator plate? I have a few, but untested and am not looking to hose anyone. I believe the German ebay had some as well or one of the guys here I'm sure.

To clarify a little here, the 048 sem setup is completely different from the sem system on an 056 and 045 and will not interchange. Unfortunately to date I have not found another model with the same type of coil that will interchange on to the 042 & 048 (that doesn't mean there isn't one though). Your only option is changing out the bad coil with the same exact type or swapping the sem flywheel for a Bosch flywheel and throwing on a universal coil. I have a Bosch setup that works, I'll get pics later.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Here's the Bosch flywheel with universal coil 0000 400 1300.
8ac28a5697d0edbe772d20c15b1f9cb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Is it this SEM coil that you need?

Attachments

• usedpics_2_023_large.jpg
    usedpics_2_023_large.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 7
Thanks all, sorry I haven’t been on here much. I have all 2 or 3 variations I’m aware of for the Bosch flywheel and they are all to fit a smaller crank diameter. It’s only like 1mm different but they don’t fit, I assumed they must be for an 042? I will check dimensions and post up in case someone has something different

Mgr that looks very close I will check and come back to you.

FYI I have quite a few untested 056 sem coils and as above they don’t fit!

Mgr sorry I have had a mental blank, no that not the right coil, the 048 sem coil is kind of like a larger version of the aftermarket coils, isn’t the donut shape as you’ve got (looks like a Bosch 044/56 coil maybe to me)

So I’m still hunting if anyone has one? Or a Bosch flywheel with the bigger crank size if it exists?

Mgr sorry I have had a mental blank, no that not the right coil, the 048 sem coil is kind of like a larger version of the aftermarket coils, isn’t the donut shape as you’ve got (looks like a Bosch 044/56 coil maybe to me)

So I’m still hunting if anyone has one? Or a Bosch flywheel with the bigger crank size if it exists?
Were you ever able to find what you needed? I still have an 048 Bosch flywheel and coil.

Back