• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 051 AV Make Offer need Gone NOW!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Bondeson

chainsaw guru
Reaction score
ok so hears the story i bought this off a guy who used this for years until the recoil broke. It ran great until he went to pull it one day and the spring broke so he took it apart and lost the inerds for the starter and the four bolts that hold the mechanism on the saw so he set it aside about 4-5 years ago and gave up on it so i got it from him and after thinking about it i just wouldn't use it enough to keep it so im going to sell it.

It has not run for quite a period of time and has no been cleaned but a good cleaning and a new starter she will fire up and scream what you see is what you get im asking $250 plus shipping. Any questions or concerns welcome.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 88
Oh haha this is a serious post Guido Salvage if you don't want it don't reply to the post plain and simple idk if you were trying to be funny or not if so you failed epically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh haha this is a serious post Guido Salvage if you don't want it don't reply to the post plain and simple idk if you were trying to be funny or not if so you failed epically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you had been a member for longer than 34 days you might understand some of the subtle humor that is presented. If you are confused you can search the site for "Valley Firewood" along with "greasy truckers cap", "coffee cup" and "Inuit special needs children" to get up to speed with the rest of us. If that is beyond your skill level, PM @Jon1212 for the full story.

In terms of my offer, I was only responding to your request (that I have posted below). It clearly says "ANYTHING", don't get mad with me when I fully met the requirements you laid out.

make offer ANYTHING need it gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I would never pay close to $250 for a non running saw that apparently has not been started in 5 years and you have no proof is operational. There may be a reason why you have received no other responses or offers...

Personally, I would never pay close to $250 for a non running saw that apparently has not been started in 5 years and you have no proof is operational. There may be a reason why you have received no other responses or offers...

This.

If you're looking for that kind of money, you're better off on eBay. Maybe someone will go nuts over it, unlikely though.

If you had been a member for longer than 34 days you might understand some of the subtle humor that is presented. If you are confused you can search the site for "Valley Firewood" along with "greasy truckers cap", "coffee cup" and "Inuit special needs children" to get up to speed with the rest of us. If that is beyond your skill level, PM @Jon1212 for the full story.

In terms of my offer, I was only responding to your request (that I have posted below). It clearly says "ANYTHING", don't get mad with me when I fully met the requirements you laid out.

I don't know what the story is behind the special needs inuit children but it sounds freaking hilarious, Ive heard references to it before. I'm going to have to do some stalking.

I don't know what the story is behind the special needs inuit children but it sounds freaking hilarious, Ive heard references to it before. I'm going to have to do some stalking.

They were Valley Firewood's personal packing service, they used the coffee cups, greasy trucker caps and newspapers as packaging for a Stihl gas can that I think went to Bryan 2.

They were Valley Firewood's personal packing service, they used the coffee cups, greasy trucker caps and newspapers as packaging for a Stihl gas can that I think went to Bryan 2.
Hahaha I would like to say that I don't believe you, but there are some things so ridiculous that you just can't make em up.

I'm here now....

VF......ahhh, yes.....

-He took a firewood cull's saw that was poaching VF's "promised logs", then bragged about said theft on AS.....sadly, he deleted his posts regarding his nefarious action, after the shitstorm of abuse he endured.

-He started a For Sale ad for a "mystery Husqvarna" that was clearly an older Sachs Dolmar. After posts were made enlightening him of his error, he edited his posts to make it appear that he wasn't in error. Sadly he deleted the thread.

He listed an Echo 60S for sale that he was unable to identify. After I informed him where the secondary ID tag was located, he once again edited his original post to make it appear that he knew all along which model it was. Yep, it's gone.

He started a thread about how at 5'11" he is too tall for standard Stihl suspenders (which will actually fit people much taller), but he was unable to figure out the adjustment, or was trying to wear them backwards.

He started a thread about how he got screwed over by a saw builder, but refused to name name's. Well, until his story didn't add up, then he started singing like a canary.

Man, I could keep going, but I'm on my phone, and my thumbs are about wore out.

@cgraham1 has more stories, maybe he'll share some of his experiences?

I'm here now....

VF......ahhh, yes.....

-He took a firewood cull's saw that was poaching VF's "promised logs", then bragged about said theft on AS.....sadly, he deleted his posts regarding his nefarious action, after the shitstorm of abuse he endured.

-He started a For Sale ad for a "mystery Husqvarna" that was clearly an older Sachs Dolmar. After posts were made enlightening him of his error, he edited his posts to make it appear that he wasn't in error. Sadly he deleted the thread.

He listed an Echo 60S for sale that he was unable to identify. After I informed him where the secondary ID tag was located, he once again edited his original post to make it appear that he knew all along which model it was. Yep, it's gone.

He started a thread about how at 5'11" he is too tall for standard Stihl suspenders (which will actually fit people much taller), but he was unable to figure out the adjustment, or was trying to wear them backwards.

He started a thread about how he got screwed over by a saw builder, but refused to name name's. Well, until his story didn't add up, then he started singing like a canary.

Man, I could keep going, but I'm on my phone, and my thumbs are about wore out.

@cgraham1 has more stories, maybe he'll share some of his experiences?

That suspenders thread still cracks me up. Who here for more than a minute hasn't been entertained by VF's nonsense. Hahahah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brandon, even without the inside info I thought Guido's post was at least a little bit funny. Plus, your thread is getting some attention now. I considered making an offer, but searched for an hour and could not find a starter assembly. I am not an old school stihl guy and don't want to build one from individual parts. However there is a 051 complete non runner on eBay right now. If you acquire that saw I would pay you 200 for both and split the shipping from you to me. There, now you have a real offer.

Hey Brandon, even without the inside info I thought Guido's post was at least a little bit funny. Plus, your thread is getting some attention now. I considered making an offer, but searched for an hour and could not find a starter assembly. I am not an old school stihl guy and don't want to build one from individual parts. However there is a 051 complete non runner on eBay right now. If you acquire that saw I would pay you 200 for both and split the shipping from you to me. There, now you have a real offer.
I thought it was funny for sure, and vintage stihls don't do much for me

I have a recoil starter for that saw, I told the OP I would sell it to him and I am waiting on him to get back to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back