Stihl 051 clutch nut problem.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comoxmcgyver

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just replaced my oil pump in my 051 and putting together the clutch assembly and can't get the nut that snugs up to the clutch plate to stay on. Just spins off after i start the saw????? I've tried torquing her down pretty good but how much should I be torquing? anyone have this problem before? Here's a pic thanks

Was there no lockwasher or wave type washer? You may need to stop the piston with a piece of rope and put some real torque to it........

oops forgot, Many hardware store carry shouldered nuts with serations on the inside of the shoulder. That would be another option. Good luck, John

Use a medium grade loctite. The "red" loctite (271,272,266) are high strength and are pretty much permanent...stay away from unless you want it to become permanent. The medium strength versions include 242 & 243 (both blue), 290 (is green and a wicking verision), grade C (blue) and screwlock grade EV (purple). Go with any one of these versions depending on their availability and price.

Latest posts

Back