Stihl 064 Restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy thats gonna nicer than i thought wheni packed it up

Im in Aulina resort in Hawaii for 10 days i thought id check the site and see what happenin

The air smells great , the arizona memorial is really nice , the mighty Mo is BIGG

The girls here wear anything they want!

Did i miss anything new parts wise randy?

Is the cyl ok ? It ok too me

Im gonna have fun running this saw , it should go
Good along side my 038 mag ll randy ported a few monthes ago

Hope everyone likes the powder weve done a bunch so far

Randy has done a 2100 that was powdered that thing glows we used bengal tiger powder color

Afer a teardown and cleaning they get bead blasted and recleaned masked heatedoutgased then powdered at 400 degrees there abouts for 10 min or so then pulled out to cool

We wrap in foam skrink wrapped and sent out.

Ask randy for pics of the P50 of his that has never gased or oiled since powdering

Its on the living room coffee table in his house getting dusted every week

Cant wait to get it back to put it thourgh of wood.

Thanks randy.

Mike

Very, very nice.

How deep into the seat did you countersink the flywheel side seal? All the way up against the bearing? My shop manual says something to the effect of "press it home" regarding installation of that seal. It obviously needs to be countersunk somewhat (vs. flush with the case) to accommodate the stem on the flywheel, but against the bearing doesn't seem right if that's what they mean by "pressing it home" -- unless there's a special tool/drift that bottoms out against the seal bore when the seal is exactly at the correct depth? Any tips there? I'm still wrestling with my early 066 "Winter Project" and am at that damned flywheel side seal....again.:bang:

As for cranks breaking in 064's/early 066's? A dealer near me who has been in the business for a long, long time told me he's only seen two during his entire career and both were the result of major chain pinches.

:cheers:

They don't get much sweeter looking or running than a Stihl 064. I thought you were done vacationing for the year randy :msp_scared::hmm3grin2orange:

155 stihl dealer they bunches still available

Pm me if you want powder

I was looking for an old-style tank and was told by 3 dealers (NE Stihl) that they can't get them any more. Dammit!!!!!!!!

I was forced to buy a flippy cap tank for my 046 project. Can anyone help out with an old style one that's brandie new? Cash/trade/whatever.

Last edited:
I was looking for an old-style tank and was told by 3 dealers (NE Stihl) that they can't get them any more. Dammit!!!!!!!!

I was forced to buy a flippy cap tank for my 046 project. Can anyone help out with an old style one that's brandie new? Cash/trade/whatever.

Post this in the Swap Meet thread and see what comes up

Mike

Back