Stihl 064av pros and cons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MG porting

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
OK I know there are a few that love the 064 but I know there's a few that don't so I thought some of you guys would like to share there experience with them and what you liked and didn't like about them. So let's get this party started !!! :barbecue::rock2::guitar::rock:

Great power to weight ratio. Balances a 28 great. Parts aren’t the easiest to come by in some cases but lots shared with the 066 platform.
Your right about balance they feel just right. So far the hardest part for me to find is the bar oiler.

I'd be curious to hear input from those that have the 064 and the 066.
I have a 064 but it's not stock by all means but it rips I had a issue with it at first the bar oil would leek into the crank case I thought it was going to be a big issue but it wasn't much of a big deal to fix it. I believe a 066 will have a little bit more torque over the 064 but at the same time I think the 064 may have a little more torque than the ms460.

That sucks they are a great saw but just like all other saw's there's always one that has to be a pain. Do you still have the 064
No, I sold it a while back. Had a bunch of saws and decided to sell off all but 5. Took some tough decisions about which to sell, and which to keep. This is what I have left, plus a real nice 028 Super that was given to me by a good friend, and a Pioneer P-60 that I also got for free. (That’s a nice 10mm 044 with a broken crank in the box).

D713F3BA-C22E-42BD-B507-E88822A4FF2E.jpeg

No, I sold it a while back. Had a bunch of saws and decided to sell off all but 5. Took some tough decisions about which to sell, and which to keep. This is what I have left, plus a real nice 028 Super that was given to me by a good friend, and a Pioneer P-60 that I also got for free. (That’s a nice 10mm 044 with a broken crank in the box).

View attachment 643896
Very cool be nice to see and here you get the 044 going those can run real good.

Last 064 I bought, the guy insisted it was an 044. I tried to tell him, but he wouldn’t listen... got it dirt cheap, too. I ended up selling it because I didn’t like running my nice one that much.

Latest posts

Back