Stihl 066 Magnum for $200?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great deal although it looks more like an 064 with an 066 top cover as it sits... Did you have anyone from here run the serial # yet???

post the sn i think i remember the password to my dealer site, if not i can run it monday...

edit: nope do not remember sorry. someone else on here can help out I'm sure.

Last edited:
Great deal although it looks more like an 064 with an 066 top cover as it sits... Did you have anyone from here run the serial # yet???

I actually haven't where is the Serial No. at on these? What are the biggest differences?

Edit: Serial no. is 13229516 I'm pretty sure.

I did take a couple new pics and a video of it running. I think it is tuned really rich which is why it smokes, but I haven't really revved it out since it has no bar.

000_1374.jpg

000_1373.jpg

Last edited:
066 Magnums on eBay (last 30 days) go from $858 down to $464 (sold price + shipping) depending on condition and accessories. The one example of a parts saw went for $205 (again, sold price + shipping).

You're covered for costs and will likely clear over $200 based on the above information.

The airfilter cover fit to the airbox looks a little off but there has been a lot of changes in the plastics over the years, maybe newer top covers added to an older body.
Pioneerguy600

It does look narrow for an 066 but we haven't seen a picture of the bottom. Either way it's a nice big saw for a good price.

Were 066's made without see through gas tanks? Mine is about the same vintage and has a see through tank.

066 Magnums on eBay (last 30 days) go from $858 down to $464 (sold price + shipping) depending on condition and accessories. The one example of a parts saw went for $205 (again, sold price + shipping).

You're covered for costs and will likely clear over $200 based on the above information.

Good!

The airfilter cover fit to the airbox looks a little off but there has been a lot of changes in the plastics over the years, maybe newer top covers added to an older body.
Pioneerguy600

It does look narrow for an 066 but we haven't seen a picture of the bottom. Either way it's a nice big saw for a good price.

Well I know for a fact that the clutch and recoil covers are from an 064, the PO told me that. The inside of the air-filter cover has 066 written on it so I know that is original.

Some other characteristics:
No Decomp
Oval air filter
Has an oil passage, no hoses. Oiler is adjustable.

Run serial number?

Serial no. is 13229516 I'm pretty sure.

Anyone able to run this serial No. over the weekend, or is it a Monday thing? :) :)

I wonder if it's also possible to get some pics of the clutch and flywheel sides and carb with the covers off, as well as a pic of the bottom.

Were 066's made without see through gas tanks? Mine is about the same vintage and has a see through tank.

Definitely 066`s were made without see through tanks, I think it was the 660 series that had see through tanks. I have two 066`s that don`t have the see through tanks.
Pioneerguy600

My guess is that it might be an 064.

Wouldn't there need to be a spacer on the chainbrake lever if an 064 recoil assembly was used on an 066? I believe so, unless the chainbrake lever was also changed over to an 064 unit with the recoil assembly.

There is only 5cc's difference between the saws, so the performance would be similar I believe.

I put money in the Salvation Army kettles this year. I slow down and let people in on the interstate. I never cut people off and I always use my turn signal. I'm a good person. Why can't I pull up in someone's drive way on a Saturday afternoon and buy an 85 cc saw (running) for $200?

Why?

I'm happy for you.

I put money in the Salvation Army kettles this year. I slow down and let people in on the interstate. I never cut people off and I always use my turn signal. I'm a good person. Why can't I pull up in someone's drive way on a Saturday afternoon and buy an 85 cc saw (running) for $200?

Why?

I'm happy for you.

that was you?? rep for letting me change lanes.

I've been doing some thinking and am now thinking about doing a trade for another 60-70cc saw plus cash, has to be a Stihl or Husky though.

Im pretty sure it's an 064. If I recall correctly, the 064 starter cover will not fit over the 066 flywheel. Someone more knowledgeable should verify that though...

Latest posts

Back