Stihl 066 Magnum for $200?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be interested in a trade with my 440 if it is a 066 if it's not gone already.

If you add a zero at the end.

132295160 is a valid number, and it shows it is an 066. Put into service on 9/25/1995 in Sigel, IL 62462.

That is correct 132295160 is a 066.

Great!

I double checked the digits and they are correct, I can't see a zero but there is the space where there could have been one.

Thanks for running those numbers guys. :)

I'm selling it, first with 450.00 plus shipping gets it. :greenchainsaw:

I'm out. Go for it, gents (not that anyone was necessarily holding back on my account). Looks like a good saw for a decent price. :) :)

I don't really need it. You were just the first to reply so if he holds it for you that's fine with me and probably everybody else.

I don't really need it. You were just the first to reply so if he holds it for you that's fine with me and probably everybody else.

No, I'm out because of the price increase. No biggie. There'll be another one. And I don't really NEED an 066 anyway. :) :)

450.00 sounds kinda high for a cooned up 064/66. And yes, some 066's had see through tanks. JJuday

Well, after some some thinking and realizing my profit margin isn't as large as I would have liked I'm keeping it!

Tomorrow I am going to price a 20" B/C, won't do the saw justice but I rarely cut any wood bigger than 18" anyway.

Well, after some some thinking and realizing my profit margin isn't as large as I would have liked I'm keeping it!

Tomorrow I am going to price a 20" B/C, won't do the saw justice but I rarely cut any wood bigger than 18" anyway.

Good man! You'll be very happy with that saw, but you know, doubling your money isn't at all bad considering you inputs to begin with. You can even get those kind of sure odds at Vegas.

A good lesson for all is this, this site is here for one and all to help each other out, not to commit usery. If you want to get more than double your money, don't get on here crowing about your great deal and expect people to pay over 2 times what you did. That would just make you a prick, not a good businessman. JJuday

If profit is the motive, considering the similar saws I've been looking at on ebay, if it's cleaned up sparkling, and with a new 25-inch Rollomatic ES bar and full comp Stihl RSC chain on it, I'd guess it'll easily bring $600 + shipping on the bay.

Good man! You'll be very happy with that saw, but you know, doubling your money isn't at all bad considering you inputs to begin with. You can even get those kind of sure odds at Vegas.

A good lesson for all is this, this site is here for one and all to help each other out, not to commit usery. If you want to get more than double your money, don't get on here crowing about your great deal and expect people to pay over 2 times what you did. That would just make you a prick, not a good businessman. JJuday

I completely agree with you, I was feeling kind of bad about pricing it that high when I payed so little for it. Also, I'm not keeping it because I couldn't make the money I wanted, but more because I'm noticing more and more the small flaws that this saw has that makes it perfect for me.

Thanks for all your help guys. This place really is a great wealth of information, and I really appreciate it. :cheers:

Last edited:
If I was to purchase that saw I'd be looking at about 600 in after it was all said and done. A 25'' bar, and a half skip chain are gonna run about 80 or so out the door and shipping of the saw, 450 purchase price gets it around the 600 mark. Maybe I need glasses cause I just can't see it....JJuday

If I was to purchase that saw I'd be looking at about 600 in after it was all said and done. A 25'' bar, and a half skip chain are gonna run about 80 or so out the door and shipping of the saw, 450 purchase price gets it around the 600 mark. Maybe I need glasses cause I just can't see it....JJuday

I have a 32-inch Sugi bar that's so new it's only made half a dozen cuts, so that'll go on whatever 066/660 I buy, and the 25-inch ES will go back on the 460, yielding . . .

066/660 = 32 inch full comp
460 = 25 inch full comp
38 Mag = 20 inch
036 Pro = 18 inch
028 Super = 18 inch
026 = 16 inch
011 = 16 inch picco

We'll just see what else rolls around. ;)

Isn't it funny how my original 3-saw plan has expanded? Next thing you know I'll be looking for a milling saw! :dizzy:

I completely agree with you, I was feeling kind of bad about charging you guys that much for it. Also, I'm not keeping it because I couldn't make the money I wanted, but more because I'm noticing more and more the small flaws that this saw has that makes it perfect for me.

Thanks for all your help guys. This place really is a great wealth of information, and I really appreciate it. :cheers:

I have been in the middle of a thread that went south quickly. Everyone goes home mad it seems. The best place to max your profit is ebay, not here.

I think you are gonna have a blast with that saw. If you can pony up the cash get a 25'' bar and some half skip chain and let it do the rest. Trust me, that combo is great! I may be a bit jealous of you great fortune too! I just get straight gassed throw away saws at sales. JJuday

That's where im at now. :)

Yeah, but at least you've got some fine hardwoods down there worth milling. Up here on the Canadian Shield it's mostly junk in woodworking lumber terms. A 100cc saw would be pretty cool anyway, but I don't think I could sneak it past Mrs. StihlyinEly. She always could count. :D

Chainsaw
Acquisition
Disorder

Sigh. :chainsaw:

Yeah, but at least you've got some fine hardwoods down there worth milling. Up here on the Canadian Shield it's mostly junk in woodworking lumber terms. A 100cc saw would be pretty cool anyway, but I don't think I could sneak it past Mrs. StihlyinEly. She always could count. :D

Chainsaw
Acquisition
Disorder

Sigh. :chainsaw:

I remember when I lived in Minn. the majority of stuff we could find outside of the tamarack swamp was popples.

If you wanted to piss my mom off, all you had to do was bring her a nice fresh cut load of popple. :censored:

The 066 did have see through gas tanks. I know because I bought a used 066 for $140 last year.
Guy had it at a garage sale for $200, I offered him $140 and he looked at me and just said, "alright". Dang, wish I would have offered less now.

Latest posts

Back