Stihl 066 Magnum for $200?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out when someone runs the serial number or has the definite answer. I'm not interested in an 064. My ported 76cc 460 is probably about as powerful as a stock 064, and I'm definitely looking to break the 90cc threshold. :)

Well, we'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out when someone runs the serial number or has the definite answer. I'm not interested in an 064. My ported 76cc 460 is probably about as powerful as a stock 064, and I'm definitely looking to break the 90cc threshold. :)

Sounds good. :)

I hear the latest generation of the BB are working out real good for the 066.

The 64 weighs pretty darn close to the 46 with more power and BB options.. I have done the 66 conversion and would have to say the only tricky part is the pto side screw holes... You have to get it started then back off the tap and grind most of the taper off so you can get the threads deep enough. If I had my choice between a mint 66 or 64 I would go with the 64.. Of course that may be because I have a new 660 sitting in the loft :). Kind of like a lot of people would choose a 44 over a 46...

If you add a zero at the end.

132295160 is a valid number, and it shows it is an 066. Put into service on 9/25/1995 in Sigel, IL 62462.

Now you have me interested if that is the right number... I don't suppose you could double check your digits... Or you could just flash me your middle one :)

I might be interested in a trade with my 440 if it is a 066 if it's not gone already.

You thinking 066 top as well?

Yea I was thinking an OEM 066 top end full woods port and squish adjustment like I have on both of mine. I had the hardest time to get a 394XP boosted enough to out cut the ported 066`s. The 066 flatop with poly flywheel is an awesome saw after porting, even better with a popup and .019-.020 squish.
Pioneerguy600

Back