Stihl 200t idle screw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdaz250

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all, sorry if this has been asked before. I did a google search and saw a few posts but i thought i'd start a thead.

Just got a 200t off ebay. Nice saw...has 150< compression. Runs great all through throttle range but when i let off the throttle it will slowly shut off.

I see theres some adjustment screws by the air filter...before i go taking matters into my own hands i was hoping to get some suggestions or a location of the idle screw...or if there is such a thing on this saw. Obviously i'm new :msp_rolleyes: this is my first saw of my own so i'd like to have the thing running great.

I've also noticed if i ever so slightly have my finger on the throttle it will idle perfectly...so i'm hoping theres a idle screw i can turn and its fixed.

TIA for the replys.

Hey all, sorry if this has been asked before. I did a google search and saw a few posts but i thought i'd start a thead.

Just got a 200t off ebay. Nice saw...has 150< compression. Runs great all through throttle range but when i let off the throttle it will slowly shut off.

I see theres some adjustment screws by the air filter...before i go taking matters into my own hands i was hoping to get some suggestions or a location of the idle screw...or if there is such a thing on this saw. Obviously i'm new :msp_rolleyes: this is my first saw of my own so i'd like to have the thing running great.

I've also noticed if i ever so slightly have my finger on the throttle it will idle perfectly...so i'm hoping theres a idle screw i can turn and its fixed.

TIA for the replys.

The idle screw is marked LA on the rubber dust cover the High and Low are at the top the one you want is below them a little.Turn the LA{ aka} idle clockwise to idle it up.

Last edited:
Back