Stihl 200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunt4lumber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
IMG_20190217_095700339.jpganyone else seen this Gap on a Stihl 200t and have a fix? ( Maybe I'm just not seeing something to help this Gap close up)?it seams like the plastic is getting hung up somewhere under Neath that I can't see once I try and put bar/ chain on...
I'm pointing at area with tip of small screwdriver

I'm not looking to start any bad talk between us I was just looking to see if it was a common problem for these saws and so I could fix it myself if it was an easy thing to do. Like I said the saw runs great and I'm happy with that, but when you spend this kind of money I didn't expect it to have anyting cosmetic (other than some scratches because I realize it to used saw) wrong with it

I'm not looking to start any bad talk between us I was just looking to see if it was a common problem for these saws and so I could fix it myself if it was an easy thing to do. Like I said the saw runs great and I'm happy with that, but when you spend this kind of money I didn't expect it to have anyting cosmetic (other than some scratches because I realize it to used saw) wrong with it
Yes there will be some small cosmetic problems on any used saw ship that cover back and I will send you another like I said I dont want you unhappy but I feel its very minor it affects nothing! That isn't the only saw that has that slight gap either it is somewhat common.

I understand but there must be a reason why it is there, that's all I was trying to figure out is what causes the gap?

With a new saw there's probably no Gap so something is or has happened to it to cause it to not meet flush...
As I said before I'm not trying to create problems just looking for a person that would know why the Gap is there maybe...
I took it apart and back together about four to five times and ran out of time trying to figure out what was holding it up from closing the gap.
This forum is a great tool that can be used in many ways to troubleshoot from people's past history with something like this(not saying that it's a bad saw or I'm unhappy with it just looking for a resolution to a problem)...

With a new saw there's probably no Gap so something is or has happened to it to cause it to not meet flush...
As I said before I'm not trying to create problems just looking for a person that would know why the Gap is there maybe...
I took it apart and back together about four to five times and ran out of time trying to figure out what was holding it up from closing the gap.
This forum is a great tool that can be used in many ways to troubleshoot from people's past history with something like this(not saying that it's a bad saw or I'm unhappy with it just looking for a resolution to a problem)...
These aren’t made anymore so no new saw to compare it to.

It's the way they are designed. A brand new one will have the gap as well.

Latest posts

Back