Stihl 201T...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS241 is nothing like a MS201t with a rear handle

Model MS 241 C-M

Displacement (cm 3) 42.6

Engine Power (kW) 2.2

Weight (kg) 4.7

Bar Length (cm) 40

as rudolf said 241 are too dear hear

I'd rather pay you $800 to send me a 201T
$570 for saw
$130 for shipping
$100 for your trouble

Thanks for all the info and help guys. Greatly appreciated.
A while back on a different forum a few guys who hadn't used one were really giving the 201T a pasting saying they were crap (hmmm, who would have though that anybody would sh*tbag a saw on a chainsaw forum that they hadn't used or seen? :D ).
I have since read that guys who had used the test saws thought they were really great. My initial concern about the 201T was extra bulk from the strato design but that doesn't seem to be the case by all accounts. Those that have used them have commented that the ergonomics may even be better than the 200T.

If delivery on the 201 is anything like the 261 was here, then I will still be reading reviews this time next year and waiting, waiting, waiting. :frown:

Not sure it is any heavier

US site specs for wieght are dry wieght of power head only
Aust sit does not give any discription of what the wieght includes.

I have to rewire a nieghbours house tomorrow morning but If I get time I will take a camera and kitchen scales to local outlet and annoythree types of sunday out of them. (in the morning;"sunday" will be "tomorrow" and we all know "tomorrow" never comes). :ices_rofl:

Thanks for all the info and help guys. Greatly appreciated.
A while back on a different forum a few guys who hadn't used one were really giving the 201T a pasting saying they were crap (hmmm, who would have though that anybody would sh*tbag a saw on a chainsaw forum that they hadn't used or seen? :D ).
I have since read that guys who had used the test saws thought they were really great. My initial concern about the 201T was extra bulk from the strato design but that doesn't seem to be the case by all accounts. Those that have used them have commented that the ergonomics may even be better than the 200T.
there are a few guys on this site that do that on a daily basis, talk about saws they NEVER use or see, you don't have too read too far to see it either. it gets to be quite comical........

I saw the rear handle 201 on As in the 201 pictures thread and I was all what the.......

But I have never used a rear handle version of an arb saw other than an old 009L so I was all stoomb

Back to the MS201T subject, just got some of the new Stihl 3/8lp chisel chain today. It's 63 PS3 55, looks really nice. The perfect chain for the 201t climbing saw.

The "3" makes me sceptical to how it performs for bore-cutting, but to me it is merely an academical question, as I have no use for 3/8 picco/lp....

As a pruning saw the 200T ergonomics have always been nasty, bulky airbox digs into your palm, hi-pitched vibes and tingly cases, your trigger finger is restricted and rubs/ gets sore, the same airbox crocks your wrist at a bad angle, saw is a whole pound and a half too heavy, my 200T sits languishing as a spare coz it feels plain sh!tty after running the waaay more comfortable huskys. 1700 bucks for a 200T here, can only imagine the obscene cost of a "new improved" 201T

my dad owns a dealership asked him to order me 2 200ts he found out that it had changed to the 201 so i said what the heck ill give it a try my advice would be buy the 200t while ya can the 201 sounds like a echo climber the av mount by the oil cap is questionable sounds really choked, you cant take out the spark arrester and the bar nut is a different size you need a different wrench ill buy it once all my 200ts are blown :bang: up ill post some pics tommorow:msp_biggrin:

I ordered a new MS200T yesterday. They called today to say that it was in AND that it was the last one! I asked if that meant the 201T could be ordered. He was going to check on that for me but I didn't hear back yet. I'll be in there tomorrow to pick up the 200T and will hopefully have some good news. If so, I'll probably be ordering a couple here shortly.

Hey Matt, did you hear that;)

I ordered a new MS200T yesterday. They called today to say that it was in AND that it was the last one! I asked if that meant the 201T could be ordered. He was going to check on that for me but I didn't hear back yet. I'll be in there tomorrow to pick up the 200T and will hopefully have some good news. If so, I'll probably be ordering a couple here shortly.

Hey Matt, did you hear that;)
ms201 avail. from bryan equip., and has been for a while.

Latest posts

Back