Stihl 270 and 311

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striven82

Just a guy trying to learn
Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm about to pick up each of these saws on the used market. My intention is to flip them and fund the purchase of a Husky 545 or 550. The 270 is a little worn, the 311 is in good shape. Anything I should be watching out for?

Now I just need to clean these up. The 270 will need a new handle/tank. The 311 just needs a little cleaning. Any suggestions on where to source parts and how to thoroughly clean a saw?

Now I just need to clean these up. The 270 will need a new handle/tank. The 311 just needs a little cleaning. Any suggestions on where to source parts and how to thoroughly clean a saw?

There was a thread not too very long ago that discussed the best / various ways to clean a saw.

Air compressor, some parts cleaning brushes, a good quality solvent, were just some of the required equipment. Can't help you with where to source parts, other than a dealer.

I'm looking at parts...is there a difference between parts for the 270 vs 270C vs 270CB, etc?

Hmm. I'll be posting the MS270 for sale pretty soon. Black part of the handle where the "safety" is located is broken a little. I think I'm going to start it at $200 and see if it goes.

Back