Stihl 270, Husqvarna 350 or 353?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I had a ton of responses since my last post....

Last edited:
Mine does leak just like Tom's, but then, it's got a few miles on it. I'll get around to fixin' it . . . . . . . . . . . eventually.

If yours leaks like mine you wouldn't want to put it up on your shoulder, thats for dayumm sure, you will have oil running down your back. I came home and looked in the shed and that dayumm saw is sitting in a pile of oil.
Its no biggie but I must admit thats the last thing I expected from the Queen of saws. I gotta plug the hole in the huzzy,LOL

So do the things I mentioned label this 270 as an older model?

If yours leaks like mine you wouldn't want to put it up on your shoulder, thats for dayumm sure, you will have oil running down your back. I came home and looked in the shed and that dayumm saw is sitting in a pile of oil.
Its no biggie but I must admit thats the last thing I expected from the Queen of saws. I gotta plug the hole in the huzzy,LOL

Yup, Tom, I hate it when saws do that....but I've had or have 5 372's and they've all been fine, though I have had a couple other Huskys leak oil...my two 7900's are bad that way, but I have the parts to fix one of them, let's hope. Don't think I've had any Stihls leak. That said, the 372's are great saws, better than the 044's in most every way but weight....Ive had a coupla 044's..great saws fo' sho.....

sorry folks, for the serious reply....now go back to your drivelly banter.....:dizzy:

Yup, Tom, I hate it when saws do that....but I've had or have 5 372's and they've all been fine, though I have had a couple other Huskys leak oil...my two 7900's are bad that way, but I have the parts to fix one of them, let's hope. Don't think I've had any Stihls leak. That said, the 372's are great saws, better than the 044's in most every way but weight....Ive had a coupla 044's..great saws fo' sho.....

sorry folks, for the serious reply....now go back to your drivelly banter.....:dizzy:

Tant no biggie Rb, just needs some attention. Its got a defect in the pump somewhere, its pouring out by the pump adjusting screw bigtime now.That oil leak started on the first tank, dripping alittle and now its really coming out around the pump adjustment screw. I'll getter fixed. I like the way it cuts and runs. The oil leak is a minor problem for me but a big problem for some around here if ya know what I mean,,hehe, its all in good fun.

Odd you mention your 7900 leaking, Ben said his did too. Mine has never leaked a drop. Goes to show some saws leak some don't, its no big deal.

I hang that sucker on the wall with a scabbard on it. Every time I grab that sucker I get an oil bath!! The scabbard is FULL of oil!!

Thats a special design man. You can empty the scabbard back into the oil tank, whatcha hollering about,LOLOLOL

Tant no biggie Rb, just needs some attention. Its got a defect in the pump somewhere, its pouring out by the pump adjusting screw bigtime now.That oil leak started on the first tank, dripping alittle and now its really coming out around the pump adjustment screw. I'll getter fixed. I like the way it cuts and runs. The oil leak is a minor problem for me but a big problem for some around here if ya know what I mean,,hehe, its all in good fun.

Odd you mention your 7900 leaking, Ben said his did too. Mine has never leaked a drop. Goes to show some saws leak some don't, its no big deal.

It's under warranty... Take the 372 back to your dealer...

YUP!!! Them Huskies come with twelve years of waranty and any dealer will be more than happy to fix you up NOW, thats just how it works with Huskies!

Latest posts

Back