Stihl 290?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mogrod, how's the saw coming along. All this talk about fat chicks is making me want to, well.............................

go out and try to fix a few saws.

Fish

How did this turn into a fat chick thread??????

The number I saw on the saw was 311y or y311, if I remember right.

The bar says rollomatic ES
Stihl 1.3
3003 000 8822 3/8
50 cm/20"
t e 72
The front sprocket seems to be locked up, I cannot move it by hand. I will oil it and see what happens

Black....

The saw is upstate and I am on LI.....200 miles away. I will try to get up there this weekend. With all the info I am getting on here I wanna get up there now and get this thing running like a raped ape....

How did this turn into a fat chick thread??????

The number I saw on the saw was 311y or y311, if I remember right.

The bar says rollomatic ES
Stihl 1.3
3003 000 8822 3/8
50 cm/20"
t e 72
The front sprocket seems to be locked up, I cannot move it by hand. I will oil it and see what happens

I have a bad habit of steering threads toward my pet fetishes.........

Don't even ask about ruminants.........

The saw is upstate and I am on LI.....200 miles away. I will try to get up there this weekend. With all the info I am getting on here I wanna get up there now and get this thing running like a raped ape....

I don't think its ever gonna run like a raped ape, but a 290 can perform reasonably well. 20" of bar is OK provided you don't try to use all of it at once. As with all saws, fresh mix with good oil, clean airfilter, and sharp chain are start.

Mine has a 16" and runs .325 .063 chain. A friend has 20" on his and he seems happy.

I don't think its ever gonna run like a raped ape, but a 290 can perform reasonably well. 20" of bar is OK provided you don't try to use all of it at once. As with all saws, fresh mix with good oil, clean airfilter, and sharp chain are start.

Mine has a 16" and runs .325 .063 chain. A friend has 20" on his and he seems happy.

C'mon everyone knows a bigger bar makes a more powerful chainsaw.

Are you referring to fat chicks, or fuel lines????????

Hey them big uns need lovin too!!!!!! LOLOL!!!!

I thought I was agreeing with your sarcasm over some one trying to tune the saw before verifying fuel hose integrity,,,,, :monkey:

I'm leaving the reference to fat chicks alone,,,,, Yer on your own on that one!!!!!

"If you're skeerd,,,,,, say you're Skeerd!!!!! LOLOL!!! I'm Skeerd!!!!! :hmm3grin2orange: :help:

Last edited:
Peter hails from the land of Husky snobs... actually, he's the only one ;), but.... For three years he's been unable to understand why anyone in their riight mind would buy an 029/290,,, but still they sell...

Oh... He's saying your saw is a dog, so take it for a walk (on a leash)...

You're a clever guy Lake, you figured it out.
Well, I really try to be humble but when it comes to the 290, I just can't.

C'mon everyone knows a bigger bar makes a more powerful chainsaw.

LOL! Maybe I should see if there is a 24" for my 33.4cc Echo! :monkey:

Yeah, well, the Jred dealer sold my father a 49cc 2054 with 20" bar, and I see references to 026/260 Stihls with 20" bars. Personally, I think its OK provided (1)it doesn't change the balance to the point that the saw is a pain to carry and use, and (2) it isn't expected to cut with authority with the full length of the bar.

The extra reach can come in handy, lessens the need to bend over, etc, but when its obvious that the saw is cutting slowly, its either time to sharpen the chain, or step up to a bigger saw.

Oh Boy

You guys are a bad influence. You have me looking at more saws now. I do this with fishing and hunting. It was never enough bows, guns and fishing stuff. Now I can see a lead of chainsaws in my near future. Ebay here I come.

You guys are a bad influence. You have me looking at more saws now. I do this with fishing and hunting. It was never enough bows, guns and fishing stuff. Now I can see a lead of chainsaws in my near future. Ebay here I come.

Sounds like you are all set . In the 290 , you have a good dog for hunting and a heavy anchor for fishing :hmm3grin2orange:

Hope you have no hard feelings if I make a little fun of you 290 ?

Ok

It's all good Peter. But how did you know I have a good hunting dog??? She is getting a little old but still good.

You're a clever guy Lake, you figured it out.
Well, I really try to be humble but when it comes to the 290, I just can't.

heck, I think it's great that you can joke and be subtle in your second language.. that realy is a skill:clap: :clap: :clap:

Some guys on this site can't do it in their only language:greenchainsaw:

Back