Stihl 310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Reaction score
:yoyo: I have a 310 that has been setting for a while (couple of months) and the last two times I used it start gas fouling plugs, consequently is hard to start, if I pull the air filter off it will crank right up, idles good, after a couple days of use it does it again, when I change the plug it starts fine and has good power. The carb has limiter caps and I have set it according to the Stihl repair manual basic setting I was thinking a carb kit may be in order, any thoughts?????,,,,,,,, :pumpkin2:

I'd check your fuel mix first. Maybe you put a bit too much oil in it or it is settling out in the tank and isn't getting a shake up before you use it?

I had forgotten to drain the tank on the 310 and run what was left out of the carb and it has set a couple of months maybe a bit longer, However, this weekend I was clearing a fence line on my property when I needed the smaller saw I remembered cause the tank was almost full and I normally drain them and run them out, I drained the fuel tank fired it up and let it run out before I used it and put fresh mix in it, I also have a 460 Magnum w/ a big bore kit and an 066 that are running fine with no problems all fueled out of the same can. I run fresh mid grade Chevron and stihl HP oil. I noticed when I would start it cold It would bog or stumble a bit until it warmed up then it was fine but as I would use it throughout the day it would get hard to crank and act flooded :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back