Stihl 360 Pro Oiler Problems???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r0858

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help? I have a Stihl 360 pro. No oil is being pumped out of the hole going to the bar. Instead there is a vigorous drip coming from the bottom of the clutch cover. I removed the clutch and took some pictures. Can anyone take a quick look at my oiler and give me any ideas to fix this. Thanks.

2.jpg

3.jpg

I don't see any obvious damage to the oiler or the oil hose.

Remove the oiler and go from there. It may not be sealing against the pickup tube. There are some o-rings in the oiler that may leak, but the pickup tube would be my guess.

Let us know what you find.

Make sure the metal arm/bar/finger didn't come loose from the plastic worm gear that drives the oiler..

I'm betting the oil tube is cracked or broken. You will need to remove the bar studs and the chain guide to get to the tube.

I'm betting the oil tube is cracked or broken. You will need to remove the bar studs and the chain guide to get to the tube.

After I remove the bar studs and chain guide, how much work is it to replace the hose.

DON'T DO THAT!!!

Just take the screw off the inner side plate and pry it off, no need to touch the bar studs.

You will need to remove the the cover over the oil pump housing.

P.S. I did a 036 rebuild with pics that show the hose replacement

DON'T DO THAT!!!

Just take the screw off the inner side plate and pry it off, no need to touch the bar studs.

You will need to remove the the cover over the oil pump housing.

P.S. I did a 036 rebuild with pics that show the hose replacement

Thanks MadProfess, I got into it and saw I didn't't have to remove the bar studs. Sometimes the advice on here is not always accurate. Anyways my hose looks cracked and hard. I'm going to remove the oil pump and clean the oil tank out real good, replace the hose and go from there. Ill do a search for your rebuild post.

Latest posts

Back