Stihl 361 starting update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCR 3 EVER

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
No problems starting the saw all week,and no flooding, and we managed to go through about 1.5 gal of gas mix. I used the ultra oil and there was no smell or smoke, a great improvement.
My rep should not be "sawdust in my hair" but instead "sawchips in my boots" and lots of it.:chainsawguy: The saw went through the wood like a hot knife in butter compared to memories of older saw.:clap: :clap:

We got to the property and my dad immediatly wanted to try MY saw out on a blown down Maple instead of using his older Jonsereds 621, in fact he had emptied his saw of gas and we did not use it all week. So I could not do a direct comparison of both saws.

He was stealing my Stihl:hmm3grin2orange:

Despite the 90+degree heat we managed to cut and stack more than we expected to at least 2 full cords.:cheers: :cheers: I could only work for a few hours a day and had to take several days rest for back.
We also split wood with the new splitter and thus managed to fill the wood shed with wood for the winter.

Mind you we were on vacation.:biggrinbounce2:

No problems starting the saw all week,and no flooding, and we managed to go through about 1.5 gal of gas mix. The saw went through the wood like a hot knife in butter compared to memories of older saw.:clap: :clap:

:

Now remember all the dumb posts you made about that saw and say sorry to all the other Stihl 361 owners :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
A beer on top of it will help also

We have many blowdowns some of which we will try to get out for lumber milling. Of the these larger trees Maple,Black cherry and Beech we can obtain several 12' logs for each tree. It is largely a question of getting them out of the woods by ourselves with our tractor and makeshift log hauler . We also use a tractor for yanking blowdown trees out of other tree crotches with a long rope and chain,these trees usually do not need any cutting as they snapped off during wind or ice storms.:mad:

Tops and fallen dead trees makeup bulk of cutting for firewood:chainsaw:

We are ever mindful of where the trees will drop when using the tractor and whether the tree hanging the tree up will fall instead. No houses around just trees.:cheers:

I still believe the dealer did NOT show us everything about the saw when we purchased it. I knew the saw was a great saw and we flooded it and we followed instructions manual said to do in case of flooding, but that did NOT work either. After those failed attempts I came back to this forum asking for help and I got it,:cheers: :cheers:

Thank you!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I also went back to Stihl website and entered another zipcode for an area 15 Miles S of my address. Up came several dealers that were closer to me one dealer only 10 min. from house.:hmm3grin2orange:

I do not understand when I entered my Zip code the nearest dealer was 65 miles away.:confused: :jawdrop:

Latest posts

Back