stihl 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was going to purchase a stihl 361 last year, it was rated high, is the stihl 362 a good saw as i get ready to buy a new saw ?

Stihl 361

Juliano,

Not sure what you mean by "rate high" but 361 cures cancer and the 362 makes you cancer free LOL :clap:

Back to your question. The MS361 is an excellent saw. The 362 just comes with a strato design...I think of this as EPA emissions crap but supposedly those who have them like them. I have not tried one but I bought my 361 approx 1 year ago and like it. For my usage it works just fine and I am no pro but heck you can have pro tools if your not in the pro field.

I think those who own 362 rave about them so take it for what its worth.

Matter of fact I have two 361's. I got another used one (this one with 18" bar) to give to a friend in KY but found he is in a nursing home and the property he was renting was put up for sale by my uncle. So I just brought the saw home and am debating what to do with it. This is my story...they are good saws if you take care of them like everything else.

If you want to go ahead and pay around $620 to $670 for the 362 go ahead...but I doubt you will see a nickle's worth of difference between those twins :clap:

BTW...if you want opinions on the 361/362...go post under the Equipment Forums/Chainsaw...this is where most saw difference is talked about.

Matter of fact I have two 361's. I got another used one (this one with 18" bar) to give to a friend in KY but found he is in a nursing home and the property he was renting was put up for sale by my uncle. So I just brought the saw home and am debating what to do with it.

Remember me? I'm your long lost friend in IL. :)

Back