stihl 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerefarmer23

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
anybody got a idea what one should be paying for a new stihl 441 w/ 18" or 20" bar... tried stihl's website and could price most anything except the 441? I am planning on visiting 3 dealers next and need some idea before i just throw some green at them..

My local dealers sell at MSRP. Here in Eastern TN, the price for a 441 (non-CQ) is $749.95 w/18" bar and $759.95 w/20" bar.

Just get a Husky 372xp instead, the 441 is a tad too heavy, and a fat-arse also........:blob2:

With the respective US prices, it is a "no-brainer".......

Last edited:
i'd consider a husky if i had a dealer...

no husky dealer around here, 4 stihl dealers within 30 miles, 1 echo dealer... only place to buy huskys around here is box stores with no service,so thanks they might be a good saw but without any service/parts.. no thanks...

no husky dealer around here, 4 stihl dealers within 30 miles, 1 echo dealer... only place to buy huskys around here is box stores with no service,so thanks they might be a good saw but without any service/parts.. no thanks...

Just get the Stihl then, but make sure you buy it from the "right" dealer.......:)

Get the 441!! I love mine and I got it with a 25" bar and it was about $750 if I remember correctly. The 441 is a great saw, smooth and silk and lots of power, I have a 20" bar on mine most of the time and it is scary fast.

That's the Husky way.

no bricks and mortar.. but

local stihl dealer has been very good, had saw stolen once. he gave me a loaner until insurance was settled. Other times he has dropped of chains,files,parts, whatever for me after hours on his way to wally world with his wife. Granted he isnt the cheapest guy around but, no body at any box store has ever gone the extra mile. Besides if you stick around his shop after hours on friday, usually a beer or two comes out.. :cheers:

Move your dealer near me......

local stihl dealer has been very good, had saw stolen once. he gave me a loaner until insurance was settled. Other times he has dropped of chains,files,parts, whatever for me after hours on his way to wally world with his wife. Granted he isnt the cheapest guy around but, no body at any box store has ever gone the extra mile. Besides if you stick around his shop after hours on friday, usually a beer or two comes out.. :cheers:

That's the kind of dealer I ENJOY spending my money with because I know it is going to someone who has earned it. Heck, I might bring him a beer!;)

I wouldn't care what brand he was selling, that would be my favorite:biggrinbounce2:

I was planning on buying from him..

I just like to check around before i spend that kind of money.. Usually anything i buy from is a bit more, but it is worth it.. I was just looking to see how many george's i should take with me, beacuse he likes cash sales... I trust the owner, its just the part time help i'm checking on cause he's on vacation.. Oh and yeah i repay the favor occasionally, he needed some bachoe work while back, dropped by his place did it and never sent a bill. He takes care of me, and i appreciate it more than he knows. So i return the favor whenever i can.. thanks for the help guys..

Sounds like you have a good dealer there. Don't listen to TreeCo as he is an armchair arborist. You will like the 441 as it is building up a very good reputation since coming out.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back