Stihl 441C-M but not labeled?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyankura

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I went to Ace Hardware store near yesterday to get the e-clips/circlips after breaking mine when removing (another story). I'll make the e-clip/circlip story short....

I was cleaning my minty 441(non-M-Tronic) and wanted to blow out the clutch area and lightly grease the bearing but the clip was being a PIA. So I slipped a thin piece of metal under the clip with some persuasion and was able to drive it off with out damaging anything but the clip. Turns out there was some string, like the string from chaps, that previous owner wrapped around the shaft. It made just enough pressure to keep the large washer from moving that tiny, tiny bit...Any way fixed!

While I was there, they had (2) 441 M-tronic's BUT it did not have a "C" on the starter cover, it was only labeled on the sales tag. I asked the salesmen if they were M-Tronic and he said yeah and a little unsure!

My questions:

Do the all M-Tronic saws have the "C" on the starter cover?

And would I be able to tell because M-Tronic saws don't have the "L" and "H" only the "LA" screw?

After I left, I thought about the adjustment screw scenario so I don't know if they did or did not have the screw. I know the folks decently so I will call and ask....

To answer your questions, yes, and yes. The MS441C-M has a blank panel on the clutch side where your MS441 adjustments are.

What was the price? $809 w/ 20" or $899 w/20"?

They were 929.00.......So, all M-tronic saws have a "C" designation but these absolutely did not. So maybe Ace made a mistake on the labeling? Again, I only thought of the adjustment screws after I left.

I called the store to see if the saws had the screws and they said yes they do. I told them that they are labeled wrong and are not m-tronic because they do not have the "C" and they have the carb adjustments. The dude got a little shaky and said he has to find out why they have to wrong saws and thanked me....I just hope no one else bought one that was not m-tronic!:eek2:

Back