stihl 880 demo price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d45

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm going to look at a Stihl 880 demo model for sale at the dealer Saturday.
Does anybody have an idea what a good price would be.
The saw will come with a full warranty. I think it currently has a 47" bar not sure though.

By demo I'm assuming you mean that it was ran for shows and stuff and not just the saw that sat on the shelf. In which case, if the saw has been ran before, I wouldn't offer more than 3/4 of the brand new price, after taxes etc. It most likely didn't have the best time being a demo saw, so u never know quite what you're getting.

Thanks for the input. I'm gonna save a little more money and buy a new 880. Dealer was only going to give me a $300 discount on the demo model. Not enough of a price break for me to take a chance on an unknown saw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. I'm gonna save a little more money and buy a new 880. Dealer was only going to give me a $300 discount on the demo model. Not enough of a price break for me to take a chance on an unknown saw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Doesn't the demo carry the same warranty? I know I bought a husky demo and it had the warranty from the day I bought it

Yes, the demo model has the same warranty, I just thought it should a little better than the $300 savings over the new model, maybe I'm out of line.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't do the whole goods ordering at our dealership, but my recollection is that Stihl will let you order a couple of items a year and designate them as demo units. As such, I think you get a 25% price break on the dealer cost.

Yes, the demo model has the same warranty, I just thought it should a little better than the $300 savings over the new model, maybe I'm out of line.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yup.....if you had the same saw and you wanted to sell it to them, they'd be wanting to give you a whole less than $300.00 off the price of a new saw.

You'd be lucky to see $1200.00.

Funny how that works huh?

Back