Stihl ___ = Husky 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yukon Stihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi All
Up here in Northen Canada we have a volunteer section of the Canadian Army,The Rangers.
It is comprised of people that have lived in the area,and have knowledge of the local area.We supply local support and knowledge when the regular Army comes to town.
Anyhow one of our yearly events is a team shoot,and this year ax throwing and chainsaw cutting is going to be added.It sounds like one team member will be cutting 3 cookies.
The saw mentioned for use was a Husky 365,sounds like there are a few around.
Being a Stihl guy i would like to get a Stihl with similer CC"s ready for this compition.The gun i was issued is a short barreled 303,which is great when you are on parade,nice and light,but not as good for 400yrd shots.
So i want to contribute with a stihl that will walk away from the Huskys when it comes time to cut cookies.
I'v never set up a saw for cookie cutting so any sugestions will be great.
I know the chain will be a major part of the setup,i was thinking square ground???I havn't actually held a square ground chain yet,and then i would have to be able to sharpen it.I think thats something i could get a handle on with reading and practice.
Anyhow Thanks for all and any help.
Thomas

the stihl ms362 or ms361 is a tad under the 365 and the 044/ms440 is a tad over. it would seem that they would have everyone use the same saw and provide it. if they are looking at operator skills

Stihl MS390 is 64cc's, Husky 365 is 65cc's, the old ones anyway, that answers the cc criteria. Good luck!! Oh yeah, bring your milk, cookies and milk.

Leave the "homeowner" Stihl saws out - they are not comparable to the 365 in any way except for the cc.

The correct answer to the question in the heading is nothing. However, if that 365 is the old 65cc one, the MS362 is the closest in both power specs and weight......

Last edited:
Stihl MS390 is 64cc's, Husky 365 is 65cc's, the old ones anyway, that answers the cc criteria. Good luck!! Oh yeah, bring your milk, cookies and milk.

The 390 won't cut with it. Find an 041 it'll be similar unless its 365xt

He asked about COMPARABLE cc's, not construction, quality, pro non- pro, color, or weight. I answered is question in a non biased fashion. Re read if you need.

I understand this. And displacement was correct the 038 had some larger variants but the 041 Super is close to the same specs. I guess to really give a legit answer we need to know if the 365 is an xt version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres one for you Troll. All the Stihls mentioned when compared to a 365 Husky are like comparing your 303 British to a 7mm in pick your manufacturer. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

I know you would have to put the chain on backwards in the husky to make it close. I'm just saying spec wise its about the closest.

The MS390 shouldn't even be in this discussion. You're looking for a MS440.

Yes, but entering a 70cc+ saw might not be fair.

The basic problem is that we don't know the rules of that competition, the question would be much easier to answer if we did....

I suppose you're right, but a 390 isn't even in the same class as a 365. How about a ported 361 or 362? Is a ported saw out of the question?

As we say around here "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't winnin." With that said for no more than a 365 is stock I'd hope a ported 361/362 would beat it Haha. Or better yet port the 390 then it would be a better race wouldn't you think ?

Latest posts

Back