stihl boot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up a pair of these boots from my local stihl dealer. They are viking black tusk boots. Rubber waterproof bottoms and leather uppers. They have a protective kevlar tounge in the front, steel toes and steel plate in the sole. Got them a size bigger and put in winter liners. I thought it would be a good idea to get the caulked sole because they are going to be my winter boots and thought the spikes might be better grip on the snow and ice we deal with here in the winter. They make a hell of a racket when your walking on concrete or stone drive way. They dont mark it up, just noisy. Thinking maby the caulks arent so good if I had to walk on a wooden deck or something. But like I said they are my winter boots. Have a heel on them and the spurs fit nice over the boot. Decent to climb in. All in all I am happy with them. Just alittle noisy and gotta watch where you walk! Should be good in the snow and ice.

Here's a simplier, cheaper fix. Kevlar socks.

Metatarsal guards are a standard item from safety supply houses - about $30. And someone was selling a chaps-like overboot a while back.

Philbert

attachment.php

Back