Stihl Contra /070 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberjackchef

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knows if there were many Contras made that had the auto/manual oilers on them. Mikes site only listed the Contra S as having an auto/manual oiler. But the other models of Contras are listed as manual only. The Contra Lightning that I am restoring has the 58mm piston and jug and the auto/manual oiler also. So it is definetly not the S model. Were there many Contras made this way or is this an oddball?

There is a guy a 200 miles south of me that has a Contra/Lighting that he says has no manual oiler only the auto. He says the oil tank is completely smooth. I had my doubts but another collector confirmed it is was possible.

Bill

Yeah, I saw a picture of one the other day that was just like that and I couldn't figure it out. It had to have an oiler of somekind. I kept thinking about it, Where could they have put the thumb oiler, I bet it was one of those you're talking about. Mine has both, go figure. Thanks for the interesting info. Chad

Contra Lightning oiler

Yes I have one, No manual oiler, and smooth oil tank. One of the first ones built I am thinking. But I sure need a top cover for mine.

The top covers are a bit tough to find in good condition. The plastic broke and the plate came loose on a couple here.

Bill

Yes, its going to be a tuff part to find. I am thinking that there must be one out there, somewhere. Ya just gotta turn over enough stones. Thanks for the reply.

is that what this is?????
I wasnt sure on the true model of this saw. I just figured it was a oddball 090.
(at least thats what i thought it was when i bought it)

Latest posts

Back