Stihl Contra Pistons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought a good number of parts from him on several occasions.
Always been good and seems like he has the shipping figured out well for international buyers.

I installed one of his piston in a Contra, and know it has seen use as a stumping and bucking saw.

Always been good and seems like he has the shipping figured out well for international buyers.

Yes, he ships to UK quickly from Germany. One of his 1106 ignitions was DOA, and he is shipping me another one, no problem. Recommended.

Seeing as how long you were down looking for a piston, it might be worthwhile to buy a couple because this situation is sure to come up again. Then you could recoup your costs plus some profit.

I have used him a few times and he is a great guy - he speaks English too. He will cram in as much stuff as he can in a little 6" x 6" x 4" box for 10 Euro shipping (about $14.00).

Thanks for the heads up on the Contra piston rxe. Will check mine

Al.

Links don't work? Have I messed up the new fangled attachment system? I go away for a few months and the whole place has changed!

I think I uploaded them, and they are displaying for me.

I have messed around with the post, do they work now?

Last edited:
Links don't work? Have I messed up the new fangled attachment system? I go away for a few months and the whole place has changed!

I think I uploaded them, and they are displaying for me.

I have messed around with the post, do they work now?

It works!
Good on the heads up!!!

Yup, rings and clips. Rings are the proper thick ones, not the 070 thin ones.

SägenSpezi ignition 045AV

I'll bring this thread back to life with some good news - you can get Contra pistons again.

There is a guy on eBay in Germany (Sagenspezi) who has had a batch made and is selling them for 20 EUR. I've got one, and comparing it to an NOS Stihl one, it seems very good. I haven't installed it yet, but will take pics if anyone is interested.

I'm nothing to do with the seller, I'm just pleased that some of my Contras will run again.

The guy in Germany also sells new replacement ignition modules for the Stihl 045AV - 056AV [Bosch replacement] on Ebay.
Just ordered one for my dead Stihl 045AV Super.
-Hope it works well.-

Back