Stihl fuel tanks from Hong kong

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

large52

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Who has tried a fuel tank for a stihl from Huztl made in Hong Kong ? Wondering about thickness, quality? How it compares?

Put together a complete ms660 recently with these parts from either huztl or machinedr... same parts from farmertec in china... quality seemed ok on the tank.. didnt pay a whole lot of attention to the thickness but everything fit and lined up.. depending on the tank your looking at if it has any orange on it I wouldn't expect it to be a perfect match... you also have to torque the cap pretty well to get it to seal.. but it works.. If your looking for a cheap replacement to get your saw back in service then these are great... if your looking for something for a show saw you won't find it with these...

No flexing that I noticed but I highly doubt the quality is quite the same as a Stihl. In fact I know the plastic is not because the choke lever that came as part of the assembly is not near as stiff as a factory one. It doesnt feel like its going to break or anything but when you push it all the way down into the chocked position it is easy to flex it past where it is supposed to stop.

Latest posts

Back