Stihl HT-75 oil pump removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joisey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an older HT-75 with the oil tank that has a regular screw on cap. I want to pull my oil pump because oil output is low, meaning a possibly plugged pump. The filter was quite dirty. Can anyone tell me the thread size inside of the oil pump so that I can make a puller?

Thank you in advance for the information. I looked all over and could not find the info, so I am sorry if I missed the info in my search.

Should be just a regular M5 bolt. Here is the manual, the pruner gearbox is toward the end.
I would fix the tank with gas mix, and run it a bit. The gasoline usually breaks up the clogs.

Attachments

• kombitool.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 21
Thank you for the fast reply. I don't know where I came up with the idea that the thread was an M5x1.25 pitch. Went crazy today trying to find a 1.25 pitch M5 bolt in the hardware store. Brain fog I guess.

I have had a 75 for a long time . If I remember right there is a screen of some sort in the tank that would get plugged . I never had to pull the pump to fix an oiler problem on my 75 but that screen would get blocked . It is a pain to get that tank off the head to clean it out. I do remember that . LOL

I have had a 75 for a long time . If I remember right there is a screen of some sort in the tank that would get plugged . I never had to pull the pump to fix an oiler problem on my 75 but that screen would get blocked . It is a pain to get that tank off the head to clean it out. I do remember that . LOL
I pulled the little rubber grommet and cleaned the screen. When I reassembled the saw the pump throws a mist when held in front of a box, but only about a third of the amount that my MS211 does. IIRC, all Stihl pumps use the same screw thread in the pump, so I'd pull the pump on my pole saw for practice, and to make sure that nothing got past the screen. I have horrible luck that way.

I run the chains on my pole pruners a little on the loose side because like Harley has stated they aren't high revving like a chainsaw for the oiler to pump oil like a chainsaw.

Back