Stihl KM 56 RC-E KombiMotor on 40:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuerX

constantly confused
Reaction score
Hey all.

Looking to get a KM 56 RC-E KombiMotor with the Power Scythe attachment.

Stihl says run it at 50:1, But I run everything I own on TruFuel 40:1 (Got several Cases)

I'm thinking it would be just fine, Any thoughts?

Thanks

It should be ok. I've noticed my 4-MIX equipment doesn't run as well at 40:1 as it does at 50:1. So, I just run it all at 50:1 now. Being that your new KM will have a new style carb adjustment, if you want to preserve your warranty have your dealer tune it with your 40:1 fuel at the time of purchase.

I didn't say that it is. I run all of my STIHLS 50:1 regardless the number of -MIX on the engine. I mixed my last tank in the fall at 40:1 for better corrosion resistance while it all sat dormant. I won't do it again, it'll stay 50:1.

I didn't say that it is. I run all of my STIHLS 50:1 regardless the number of -MIX on the engine. I mixed my last tank in the fall at 40:1 for better corrosion resistance while it all sat dormant. I won't do it again, it'll stay 50:1.

I got you. Just hoping that maybe the Non 4-Mix engine will not have any real issues with 40:1.

If I have to, I'll buy a case of 50:1 Trufuel but I'd rather just feed everything the same mix if possible.

Same basic engine used in the handheld blowers I believe (bg55 et al). If that's the case, it'll be fine on either. But as mentioned, it would be smart to have your dealer set it up for 40:1 from the get go.

Same basic engine used in the handheld blowers I believe (bg55 et al). If that's the case, it'll be fine on either. But as mentioned, it would be smart to have your dealer set it up for 40:1 from the get go.

Thanks GG, That is good Info.

Latest posts

Back