Stihl KS43 in action

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Last week, I was invited by the belgian forestry society to demo some old saws as entertainment for their logging members, who held their yearly conference in my neighbourhood.

Here's some pics of a vintage (1955) Stihl KS 43 two man saw in action. This saw has 250 cc and was also the standard saw of the german army corps during WWII (in green military version).
mine is the civil version, in very good shape. It had a sharp chipper chain and cut extremely well. Straight, thin cookies :):)

ks43d.jpg

The guy at the helper handle is my 17 year old son.

ks43f.jpg

ks43a.jpg

ks43e.jpg

I also ran a rare german built Baker & Pölling (1952) two men saw (250 cc). This saw is quite loud, but runs extremely well. Unfortunately the chipper chain was not very sharp, so its cutting capability was obviously not ideal.

bp1-2.jpg

I also ran a very nice Stihl Contra (which cut great) and vibrated the heck out of my hands, and a Mac CP125S. I hope to get some more pics of that soon.

hope you enjoy the pics.

roland

Sounds like a good time. Some nice saws there. Thanks for the pictures.

Mr. HE:cool:

Nice pics. Really nice to see old saws still being run. Cool that your son helped you. Thanks for sharing.:cheers:

Last edited:
Looks good, shame they did'nt give you some larger timber to play with !

I agree, but it was a setup for the next day belgian logging championship.

these folks are real PPE nazi's. I was only asked a few days before the event and forgot to take my safety pants...got a few nasty comments, especially from the youngsters who have been brainwashed all the way.

I wear PPE when I have to cut my firewood or go felling a tree, but geez, not for testing a saw or to cut a few cookies... They planned on putting some pics on their website, but were not allowed to, because I didn't wear safety chaps...:dizzy:

I agree, but it was a setup for the next day belgian logging championship.

these folks are real PPE nazi's. I was only asked a few days before the event and forgot to take my safety pants...got a few nasty comments, especially from the youngsters who have been brainwashed all the way.

I wear PPE when I have to cut my firewood or go felling a tree, but geez, not for testing a saw or to cut a few cookies... They planned on putting some pics on their website, but were not allowed to, because I didn't wear safety chaps...:dizzy:

Thats crazy.I seen nothing wrong with your cutting. You two had ear protection and eye protection.Thats a shame. Oh well their loss.:)

Latest posts

Back