Stihl Lightning info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
In a local pawn shop is a Stihl Lighning, blue in color. The saw looks old but I would give it an 8/10 for cosmetic condidtion. What I need to know is, is this saw worth anything?? It listed for $80 Canadian.
Any info on this saw??
When were they made and what cc is it.
Thanks
Bob

Thats what 50 american? I would buy it for that. See if they will let you take the muffler off and make sure the pixton isnt scored and see if they will let you bring in some mix and start it to see if it runs. If it runs, isnt scored and is really 8/10 I would say a couple hundred american.

Post some pics

bigbadbob said:
Thanks for the link. Interesting that the one Im looking at is a light blue in color and looks original. Will have to go and see if its stihl there and get more info.
bob

Light blue in colour and looks original??

If it's light blue it ain't original.

If it really is in good nick (regardless of colour) it is a steal at $80 Can

Dan

I don't care if the piston is toast.. They sell for 10x that if working, 5 x if not..

Blue was an original color..

Made in the late 50's.. One of the great collectibles..

Last edited:
bigbadbob said:
In a local pawn shop is a Stihl Lighning, blue in color. The saw looks old but I would give it an 8/10 for cosmetic condidtion. What I need to know is, is this saw worth anything?? It listed for $80 Canadian.
Any info on this saw??
When were they made and what cc is it.
Thanks
Bob

What was the address of this place?:hmm3grin2orange:

Lakeside53 said:
Blue was an original color.

Well put a wig on me and call me Agatha!!! I did not know that.

In that case good find bigbadbob

Well guys I called the "shop" at 6pm and it was sthil there so will get my buns down at 10am and snap it up!!! And it might be the correct colors, I am a little over a half century old, sometimes things aren't what they seem. What to do with it when I get it home, just don't know, maybe store it with my 353AV weed wacker (a beast you gotta see)!!!! :greenchainsaw:

excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between the lightning, contra and 090? They all look the same with the exception of color. I assume the contra and lightning were gear drives like the early 090G's?

Well it's mine now. What a behemouth of a saw. Got the shop to eat the tax wouln't come down anymore. Well its missing 5 fins off the starter housing and the screen off the muffler. Good news is it has 140psi compression.
It started 3rd pull!!!1
So what do you think!!
What will the good woman do when I tell its for her stocking!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Here is the last picture. And yes its the correct color, don"t know why I though it was blue. Too much canadian beer I guess. It seems to have an odd sparkplug, its a bosch made in austrailia, the name is stamped on the steel part only and the porcelain has two green stripes on it, it seems in good condidtion.
Enjoy

Last edited:
looks like it is in good shape.

I thought you said it was blue...

Looks like stihl grey (off white) and red on my screen......

Ha! so much for being "blue"!!

Don't use it. put it on Ebay today... Then spend half the money on the wife, and half on your new saw!..

Latest posts

Back