Stihl "log" side cover tags - PUT YOUR NAME DOWN!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On 197 now, and that's without the ones I'll buy for myself being taken into account... I think I'll delay the closing date till Sunday evening (GMT), then I can send the order on Monday. No point wasting an extra day for orders, eh?

i'm interested but don't have pay pal. How would I go about paying you then Patrick?

Any way you want, as long as I can process it! Easiest (and gives you the best protection) is paypal. Or, you can send cash by REGISTERED mail, so I have to sign for it, or I can probably find my IBAN and SWIFT account numbers out, if you want to do a direct bank transfer - though I think that takes a while, and I'm not sure if it works outside Europe?
Otherwise maybe you could try contacting one of the other Paypal fellas in this thread, and sending them cash/cheque/whiskey/whatever, and maybe they could pass it on to you?
Unfortunately I'm not a shop - but I think you may be able to pay by Paypal without an account using a credit card - I know it's offered me this option in the past to pay for things when I've repeatedly forgotten my password.

i'm interested but don't have pay pal. How would I go about paying you then Patrick?

If you trust me, you can mail me a check (rubber free, please, I hate paying bounced deposit fees that are larger than the amount of the check) and I can Paypal it to Paddy. I've already got about $300 in my account, so I think I can send it to him without costing him a credit card processing fee if he has a personal account. Anybody up on the current Paypal fee schedule?

Last edited:
i'll take 6, great idea collecting a little extra for a good cause :clap::clap::clap:

i currently have two saws that can wear them, guess i'll need to find some more saws to show off the new badges

If you trust me, you can mail me a check (rubber free, please, I hate paying bounced deposit fees that are larger than the amount of the check) and I can Paypal it to Paddy. I've already got about $300 in my account, so I think I can send it to him without costing him a credit card processing fee if he has a personal account. Anybody up on the current Paypal fee schedule?

At least in the UK, there is an option that is free from fees if you are paying via a bank account or Paypal balance as opposed to a credit card - on the "send money" page, click on the "personal" tag near the bottom, then tick the "gift" box. Hey, you're all helping me out to rebuild my burned-down house, eh? ;) :D
Not sure if this works in the US though, if not I think the fees are 3.7% I think, which I'll need to add on - maybe someone could check and see if the buttons are there on US Paypal?

At least in the UK, there is an option that is free from fees if you are paying via a bank account or Paypal balance as opposed to a credit card - on the "send money" page, click on the "personal" tag near the bottom, then tick the "gift" box. Hey, you're all helping me out to rebuild my burned-down house, eh? ;) :D
Not sure if this works in the US though, if not I think the fees are 3.7% I think, which I'll need to add on - maybe someone could check and see if the buttons are there on US Paypal?

I don't see any "personal" tag on the send money page.
This is what I see:

Ah, that's different from ours. Right where tours say "Send money for:", ours has a tag with "Personal", which changes the options to "Gift", "Debt owed" and something else. Ah well, I don't think the 3.7% will be a deal breaker!

Yep, and I'll put up full instructions for ordering them in the trading post once they are made. The price can only stay the same or get lower than the $2.25 per badge + p&p + your hopefully generous donation to Cancer Research, depending on how many more orders I get in.
It isn't going to come down by a huge amount I would imagine, but any discount means you'll have more left if you wish to donate to the charity, eh? :)

Put me down for 10. If you set them @ $3 each now that you are over 200 the extra $ could go to the charity. Also I wouldn't take a US check because by the time you get it and cash it inflation will have made it less then the postage used to send it.

Cheers fellas! two days to go...
Orange Hill - I don't want to force anyone to contribute to charity - they might not want to, they might have a different charity they would rather donate to, etc... But I'd think Cancer Research will get a nice big cheque, regardless. As promised, I will add $200 to the donation myself as we have passed the 200 badge mark - hopefully they'll send out one of those daft letters thanking "The Members of Arboristsite" for their donation, hehe. Darin, the site owner (who spells their name like that? The man must be a fool. a FOOL, I tell thee!) can have that to hang on the wall if he wants, it's not my idea of interior decorating style!

Patrick. (currently drinking Maker's Mark in front of a big log fire... my spelling will deteriorate through the night... :D)

If we were to use pay-pay, would you send an invoice to us(e-mail /PM) and we would respond with the pay-pal payment. Sorry if this sounds amateurish, but I have only used pay-pal thru e-bay. Not sure how it works anywhere else. Just don't want to miss out on these badges :)

If we were to use pay-pay, would you send an invoice to us(e-mail /PM) and we would respond with the pay-pal payment. Sorry if this sounds amateurish, but I have only used pay-pal thru e-bay. Not sure how it works anywhere else. Just don't want to miss out on these badges :)

Yep, that's how it would happen - or the other way round, it makes little difference - I can request a payment, and you just do the "Click the pay button" bit, or you can click the "send money" bit, stick in my email address which will be up once the badges are done, and as if by magic - it appears! Minus 3.7%, the robbing bastards... :D

Put me down for 10

Can't hurt to have a few extra around.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back