• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl Mines bigger than yours ultimate Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chashowlett

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
If this doesn't satisfy a mine is bigger than yours scenario….. I don't know what to tell you. Catalog has it for 600 bucks, tbe chain is 105.00 .im going to sell to the most creative response/ realistic offer. It's been mounted on my new 880, never been ran. Let's make a deal then figure out how the hell I'm going to mail it. 1218172352a.jpg 1218172352a.jpg 1218172351a.jpg 1218172351.jpg

Someone has to protect the newbies.....
MSRP is $379
And last time I bought a medium length chain it was around $60......about a year or 2 back.

I haven't bought Stihl chain in a while, but I was thinking if I made a 173 driver loop here at the shop, we'd charge about $64. ($0.368 a driver is the shop price) That price is very likely higher than a L48 price, shipping on rolls of chain to us is fairly expensive.

BUT I've seen some Stihl dealers have quite a markup on their stuff. The dealer here goes by MSRP which is quite fair all considering.

I haven't bought Stihl chain in a while, but I was thinking if I made a 173 driver loop here at the shop, we'd charge about $64. ($0.368 a driver is the shop price) That price is very likely higher than a L48 price, shipping on rolls of chain to us is fairly expensive.

BUT I've seen some Stihl dealers have quite a markup on their stuff. The dealer here goes by MSRP which is quite fair all considering.
Yeah. I just needed a loop for the 59" for the PA GTG and stopped into a stihl dealer.
He didn't know me from Adam. I'm pretty sure it was mid to high $50s........
2 maybe 3 years ago.

I had a 59" Stihl bar like that and would buy a Cannon if I had to do it again as the Cannons are much stiffer and don't spaghetti bend like that 59" did. And no yours is not bigger than my 96".
View attachment 620275
I only have an 84" Cannon........I feel butt hurt. Lol
It will have to do.....

090 or 090G?

Looked closer. I want one....

Someone has to protect the newbies.....
MSRP is $379
And last time I bought a medium length chain it was around $60......about a year or 2 back.[/QUOT

Not one to stir the pot but yes 379$ is the price. I know bc I priced the 59" and the 47" hardnose. Believe it or not the 47" was 419$

I got the price off Bailey's window-licker. Any where do you get Stihl RSF172 link loops for 50 bucks? You're full of ****. Cost is more than that. Do I come to McDonald's and tell you when to flip the burgers?
And where did I say what I'd sell it for? Go back to cleaning the grill *******
LOL! Cant believe this hasnt sold yet....

Back