• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl Mines bigger than yours ultimate Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Breaking site rules excessively will do it, but usually a member will be given a few warnings before sent to band camp for good, if warnings are not heeded then one goes faster.
I had posts deleted for calling this specific member out, and was threatened. Did I break site rules? Specifically with this member? Again, just learning.

If you were responding to me, no, no ban. Just deleted content and threats. On the thread where he was selling the saw with the ground off serial number.

I just reviewed that thread and seen several posts where points could have been given out for, instead I just deleted them. In threads like that one its better just to ask a question and leave it at that, to post agitation is enough to get a trip to camp. I often give a bit of leeway when threads get heated cause I know things can get said in the heat of it all that wouldn`t in less heated situations. I don`t see where anyone in particular was seriously threatened.

Out of curiosity @Jon1212 and @pioneerguy600 , what does it take to get "the hammer" here or over there? Thanks IA for humoring me.
Breaking site rules excessively will do it, but usually a member will be given a few warnings before sent to band camp for good, if warnings are not heeded then one goes faster.
@cuinrearview I try to take it as a case by case basis. Spammers get the Perma-Hammer immediately. Folks that are malcontents right from the get go, are warned quickly, and watched pretty closely. They usually are incapable of righting their moral ship, and get the boot. For guys that are looking to scam folks, they typically don't last long. In the case of the OP here, I had a pretty good history on him already, so as soon as the antics began over on Outdoor site, I had no compunction over dropping the hammer. Generally if a scammer is found out over there, we make an effort to inform the moderators here. In some peoples opinion, we are competing forums, but nobody wants to see good folks get taken. As @pioneerguy600 mentioned, if it's basic rules violations, then warnings are given, and frequently no further action is necessary.

This morning you mean?
Good point. 0118 MDT......first banning of 2018....it's probably some kind of record...LOL!

I just reviewed that thread and seen several posts where points could have been given out for, instead I just deleted them. In threads like that one its better just to ask a question and leave it at that, to post agitation is enough to get a trip to camp. I often give a bit of leeway when threads get heated cause I know things can get said in the heat of it all that wouldn`t in less heated situations. I don`t see where anyone in particular was seriously threatened.
I'm not sure what the term "points" means, is that like a demerit?

Is it better for us to just alert you when a member posts his third or fourth illegal or "questionable" thread with history or should we trust that mods are on top of it and just do our best to warn off members at our discretion? I don't want to be banned. I don't even know what that entails. But if I see BS I feel obligated to say something.

I guess I need guidance...

I'm not sure what the term "points" means, is that like a demerit?

Is it better for us to just alert you when a member posts his third or fourth illegal or "questionable" thread with history or should we trust that mods are on top of it and just do our best to warn off members at our discretion? I don't want to be banned. I don't even know what that entails. But if I see BS I feel obligated to say something.

I guess I need guidance...

Yes points are a demerit in a way, if points are given out a member can get banned for a short duration, lets say a week just for instance for a first infraction, for further infractions the ban can be extended for months or even a permanent ban if enough points are given out for infractions. There are several moderators on AS and they all can drop into a thread at any time and give out points as they feel necessary. Sometimes the site owners drop in if enough reports hit the ,report board, and often that is not a favorable thing for any member commuting infractions.
It would be far better if members alerted one of the moderators to look into anything that looks suspicious, they can deal with things like that without so much fuss and muss as the saying goes about the smelly stuff hitting the fan. As the moderators cannot and do not see every post in every thread on a daily basis we do rely on the rest of the members to send us a ,report, so we can look into that immediately after signing in and deal with it. This will save a lot of drama, arguments and accusations that lead to overheated threads.

Yes points are a demerit in a way, if points are given out a member can get banned for a short duration, lets say a week just for instance for a first infraction, for further infractions the ban can be extended for months or even a permanent ban if enough points are given out for infractions. There are several moderators on AS and they all can drop into a thread at any time and give out points as they feel necessary. Sometimes the site owners drop in if enough reports hit the ,report board, and often that is not a favorable thing for any member commuting infractions.
It would be far better if members alerted one of the moderators to look into anything that looks suspicious, they can deal with things like that without so much fuss and muss as the saying goes about the smelly stuff hitting the fan. As the moderators cannot and do not see every post in every thread on a daily basis we do rely on the rest of the members to send us a ,report, so we can look into that immediately after signing in and deal with it. This will save a lot of drama, arguments and accusations that lead to overheated threads.

Well said, Jerry.

Latest posts

Back