Stihl MS 291 burnt out after 1 hr

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work with a guy that drove 200 miles and got arrested threatening a guy over a broken VW starter he paid 50$ for . It does happen but I think this meathead is the exception to the rule .
Now the guy that flew 1500 miles to accuse me of messing around with his gf was another story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I'm talking about. People will do crazy things, that why I said what I said. Not to anger you CTYank. Jeeez hope you don't show up at mine. So angry.

Do tell...
The fella flew from Texas to pa to confront me . He was pretty determined and upset . I had no idea she had a bf but then again I didn't ask or really care . He found me at my work and tried to corner me. He was acting all big and bad till I picked up a 5 pound hammer . I denied everything and my manager kicked him out . When I got home he was at my house . He yelled at me for a bit then left . I understand why he flew so far . She was built for speed and didn't disappoint if you catch my drift . It didn't last much longer after his visit
ac8a7a169eaab1297d9c2efcd9c5466a.jpg
e3abe39d63398924a383b93ec052f534.jpg

Unfortunately it seems like many young people today, can't seem to handle plain English and hard cold facts. Myself and others, said it how it is. Instead of looking inward, he said we don't know what we're talking about. Typically behavior of young people today.

West stick around and relax. Running saws can be fun and a rewarding experience, when you really understand how to setup and run a saw properly.

That's what I'm talking about. People will do crazy things, that why I said what I said. Not to anger you CTYank. Jeeez hope you don't show up at mine. So angry.

What are you talking about "so angry"? What I'm saying is that if you're suggesting or condoning that, I strongly oppose it. It is totally inappropriate, besides grounds for arrest. Were I to make such a leap, you'd be angry at how I'd construe your judgement, so I won't.

"Boys will be boys" does NOT apply here, and, yes the OP was way out of line, in many ways. At least he caught on eventually.

Surprisingly nobody clued him in that if he wanted a saw from West Germany, he'd do waaaaaaay better with a Dolmar. No comparison, in so many ways.

What are you talking about "so angry"? What I'm saying is that if you're suggesting or condoning that, I strongly oppose it. It is totally inappropriate, besides grounds for arrest. Were I to make such a leap, you'd be angry at how I'd construe your judgement, so I won't.

"Boys will be boys" does NOT apply here, and, yes the OP was way out of line, in many ways. At least he caught on eventually.

Surprisingly nobody clued him in that if he wanted a saw from West Germany, he'd do waaaaaaay better with a Dolmar. No comparison, in so many ways.

Easy CTyank. Don't fall for Brushape's latest BS.

This thread is ridiculous...nobody even reads...the 291 is not even my saw. I'm not going to bother responding to the other comments because everyone else has moved on with their life. Let's move along ... And it's hilarious to talk about forum rules while at the same time people are on here highjacking the thread. Not that I mind, keep posting the pictures.

A 291 will handle a 3/8 chain if you respect it for what you have . Chain has to be sharp not just sort of sharp . And yes as stated earlier it's hard to bog a 041 in relation to new saws .
It would not surprise me if stihl covers the repair under goodwill . Buying a saw every 20-30 years doesn't give you a lot of standing as a loyal customer but it is worth a try . If I where talking to stihl I would not be adamant about it not being operator error . I would just say I was using the saw in a manner that you felt the saw was built for . And that you are disappointed that a quality saw like a stihl would fail after limited use.

That sums it up right there. If I've learned anything in this thread it is that operator error played a part somewhere, perhaps a significant one.

That's a pretty funny story.

huh, I like this kind of sideways thread...I have PM ya know.

Latest posts

Back