Stihl MS 361 review by non-user.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to run it, I watched it from 10ft away, all day.....I saw everything I needed to.....With that stock muffler it's rather amusing (all the praise it gets here) to be quite frank..... Especially for $600 and needs a muffler mod immediately......It's your money, if it makes ya happy, enjoy!......How's that for mouth? :D :laugh:

Well, not to burst your mighty powers of observation bubble and detailed analysis of gaining experience by 'watching someone using a saw from a distance' and all, it would be nice if you like, sort of tried to go along with the rules laid out on this forum, specifically:

If you have never owned or used (at great length) a product offered by one of the sponsors, you are not permitted to comment on the value, validity, or effectiveness of these products or services.

In other words, shut the fork up about something that you have no experience what-so-ever using.

Last edited:
Face slapping competions are like that on AS sometimes. Stihl is not a sponsor, but there have been spronsors that sell Stihl chainsaws.

Well, not to burst your mighty powers of observation bubble and detailed analysis of gaining experience by 'watching someone using a saw from a distance' and all, it would be nice if you like, sort of tried to go along with the rules laid out on this forum, specifically:

If you have never owned or used (at great length) a product offered by one of the sponsors, you are not permitted to comment on the value, validity, or effectiveness of these products or services.

In other words, shut the fork up about something that you have no experience what-so-ever using.

A little sensitive there, huh girly man? :laugh: :laugh:

Tough $hit, if you don't like what I observed.....The saw is not that impressive, for all the BS you hear on here, period.....To bad you spent so much for it......That's why you're so sour eh? :cry:

Get a life.....Whiner!....I'll have an opinion if I damn well please!.....If the boss man doesn't like it, then I guess he can lock the thread down.

Last edited:
Well, i think the comments made on the 361 weren't bad at all. No where near as bad as some of the stuff i've heard on the new rancher and 5## series saws. How is that any different? I think its something about stihl erectile syndrome that someone mentioned earlier...lol.:) And no one ever said if stihl was a sponsor?

Tough $hit, if you don't like what I observed.....The saw is not that impressive, for all the BS you hear on here, period.....To bad you spent so much for it......That's why you're so sour eh? :cry:

Get a life.....Winer!....I'll have an opinion if I damn well please!.....If the boss man don't like it, then I guess he can lock the thread down.

I like that response. But i haven't got this site all figured out yet, so i wasn't gonna say that much. The ms361 people get stirred up at the least little comment that isn't 100% positive.:dizzy:

Exactly......But the story is true.....Thanks Clay for being reasonable and not soooooo sensitive! ;)

MM i can form a bad opinion of any hedge trimmer i see running or not i know im not going to like it lol
My arms and leg hurt like hell after using one most of today.

ok ok.. play nice or am I gonna have to take your toys away and send you to your rooms without supper... .... :censored: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Around here...it ain't a thread until somebody gets hurt...

Welp if thats your point of view I'm glad your here. I'll give you a moment to make your arrangements before lay a smack down on you that will knock you into the last century,LOLOLOLOL

Hey Woodie that saw you pm'ed me about, I think I may have located you one in like new condition. The thing is a beauty. The owner is having a tuff time parting with it though. I'm gonna keep agervating him till he lets it go. I'll keep you posted. This saw is like new...

Oppps forgot. I got another guy that has a MS880 thats in the mood to sell. I'll pm you about that one...

Last edited:
Gary,

Pointless, eh? As compared to:

attachment.php

Yep, ole Basketball Gary. He shoots. He scores. Two points.

Joat

I think we call this, wait for it, here it comes.....

"EYES ON THE PRIZE":greenchainsaw:

Oh, so cliché, but oh, so apt!

Get a life.....Whiner!....I'll have an opinion if I damn well please!.....If the boss man doesn't like it, then I guess he can lock the thread down.

Girly man... hey, now that's really original. Did you come up with that all by yourself? Or is that what the guy running the 361 called you while you stood around and watched then using it?

Actually I have two 361s. If I did not have them, I would buy them all over again. You have no idea where or when I got them, or what I paid for them. However, in what seems typical in your posts, you jump to some BS random conclusions about what I think of based on absolutely zero facts. About like your original post here, which you base on zero experience of actually using a 361 chainsaw.

I have used the 361 chainsaws in thousands of hours of real cutting situations, rather than standing around watching someone else using them, like you. All of your "361 chainsaw experience" and subsequent evaluation on this thread is limited to watching people cut with 361 chainsaws, and lifting one up and looking at it. Terefore your opinion about this 361 chainsaw is about the same as the time you have spent actually cutting with a 361 chainsaw. Meaning ZERO. You may be pleased to have your opinion, but it has no value.

The type and model and brand of the chainsaw is not the issue here. Its the assumptions and critique that you post about a particular saw (be it of any type) with absolutely no qualified experience using the saw what-so-ever. Hence your posting methods are in contradiction to forum rules, as I have pointed out. Specifically that you only post threads and opinions about products based on EXPERIENCE.

Last edited:
The type and model and brand of the chainsaw is not the issue here. Its the assumptions and critique that you post about a particular saw (be it of any type) with absolutely no qualified experience using the saw what-so-ever. Hence your posting methods are in contradiction to forum rules, as I have pointed out. Specifically that you only post threads and opinions about products based on EXPERIENCE.

+1 Well said Windthrown!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back