Stihl MS 361 review by non-user.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joat, I would not let an amatuer near one of my 361s. And I doubt that he really wants to know what they run like, becasue then he would have to eat his words. Better to be ignorant and proud than experienced and humble.

How would you know I'm a "proud, ignorant, amateur"? Have you met me in person or shook my hand or seen me fell a tree or limb some tops or block some fire wood? So your opinion of my experience is just that an opinion. I do know from your post on this thread you're a very immature individual and for the record I believe I've been around here a bit longer than you and believe me your post are anything but humble and usually full of wind. :eek:

I guess your criteria for an amateur is anyone who doesn't :bowdown: to the 361....:laugh:

FC,

The red highlight is the point I've very trying to make. If you had picked it up and used it, you could probably be a little more certain of the reasons why the 361 disappointed you. I have also made the offer of letting you have some actual trigger time on mine if you like. You made a cute reply at my offer, but it was a sincere and genuine offer that still stands. I can put a 20" bar with Oregon LGX that has been touched up only once. It's got loads of compression and really revs quickly. In fact, it's tough to start if you don't use the CR.

Let me say that I have no doubt that your account is accurate or genuine. I simply ask if it's a fair account because the reason for the lack of performance seems to be so unclear. Finally, this is not about whether FastCast is right, or Joat is right. It's a search for the truth.

Joat

Joat, I have no desire to be responsible for your saw so no I'm not interested in you sending it to me but I must say that is a very cordial gesture and appreciated.....:cheers:

I guess I just couldn't warm up to a saw that cost $600, sounds like a sowing machine and was struggling to keep up with an old McCulloch Timberbear, that by the way had safety chain on it also.......

How would you know I'm a "proud, ignorant, amateur"? Have you met me in person or shook my hand or seen me fell a tree or limb some tops or block some fire wood? So your opinion of my experience is just that an opinion. I do know from your post on this thread you're a very immature individual and for the record I believe I've been around here a bit longer than you and believe me your post are anything but humble and usually full of wind. :eek:

I guess your criteria for an amateur is anyone who doesn't :bowdown: to the 361....:laugh:

Yes, I do think that it is pretty amateur of you to base an evaluation and post this thread on a chainsaw solely on your watching someone else use it, and only use it once. I also think it is pretty immature of you to call me a Girly Man, and bait me in these threads, and presume all kinds of things about what I think and what I paid for my saws, and how you are supposedly so superior to me in this regard. You come off as a jerk, like you are fresh out of junior high school or something, regardless of who you really are.

But let the face slapping continue. BTW: I have gotten a shyte-load of positive feedback on this particular thread. I am not going anywhere any time soon. :monkey:

I guess I just couldn't warm up to a saw that cost $600, sounds like a sowing machine and was struggling to keep up with an old McCulloch Timberbear, that by the way had safety chain on it also.......

Yes, lavish yourself in your ignorance there, buddy! And keep the well informed criticisms coming! Your powers of observation are just so... amazing.

Also, what the heck is a sowing machine??? :monkey:

Joat, I have no desire to be responsible for your saw so no I'm not interested in you sending it to me but I must say that is a very cordial gesture and appreciated.....:cheers:

FC,

Let us end this as friends and live to agree or disagree on another day.

It's not really about all being in agreement. It's about having respectful dialogue where we share and learn from one another.

D@m, I sounded like a D@m@cr@t running for office.

Sorry, but I must remain,

Joat

FC,

Let us end this as friends and live to agree or disagree on another day.

It's not really about all being in agreement. It's about having respectful dialogue where we share and learn from one another.

D@m, I sounded like a D@m@cr@t running for office.

Sorry, but I must remain,

Joat

Joat.....:agree2:

and I can have respectful dialogue with you and believe we had a little fun too....:givebeer:

Now Windy is another story. :dizzy: I think he's off his meds....lol

Joat.....:agree2:

and I can have respectful dialogue with you and believe we had a little fun too....:givebeer:

Now Windy is another story. :dizzy: I think he's off his meds....lol

Off my meds you say? Oooooooooh, that's rich. Real original too.

Com'on 'baiter, you can do better than that.

Last edited:
Also, what the heck is a sowing machine??? :monkey:

You know a machine that sows seed. :dizzy: lol

The kind I was referring to is, you know, the kind that woman use to mend cloths....I don't know how to spell that one but apparently you do. :heart:

Back