Stihl MS 361 review by non-user.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cmetalbend

cmetalbend

ArboristSite Operative
I loved my MS361 with a muffler mod so much... I sold it! :dizzy:

Gary

Here's another point somone needs to make. In five years, tell me what other saw will bring 60-75% of new value? atleast? In the same average size and condition. And yes, what company you keep does make a difference, but let's just say E-bay sales to be fair.

Fastcast

Fastcast

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here's another point somone needs to make. In five years, tell me what other saw will bring 60-75% of new value? atleast? In the same average size and condition. And yes, what company you keep does make a difference, but let's just say E-bay sales to be fair.

I don't resale.....I wear out.....Then throw out or rebuild and wear out again.....By time I'm done with something, no one wants it anyway, except for maybe parts! :laugh:

:givebeer:

GASoline71

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
My MS361 turned out to be "just another mid-range saw" for me. It just sat there collecting dust while the big saws all got used... So in retrospect. It was prolly the best saw I have ever owned... period.

Good power, high revs, great anti-vibe, good filtration... blah, blah... I could go on and on. Funny thing is... I don't miss it. I prefer 70cc's and larger for most everything I do...

Gary

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
Well, one can see your affinity toward larger chainsaws, especially with that V-8 powered babe magnet Termite of yours.

Hey, I have been meaning to ask you, what oil do you use in that thing, mang? :) ;)

mattmc2003

mattmc2003

Addicted to ArboristSite
Then explain why you are in the minority with your opinion. Plenty of folks here, many with no brand loyalty and even some with a preference other than Stihl, claim it is a great saw. Which 60cc saw is better? I don't have a 60cc saw, so convince me which one is best.

We have two 262XPs at work, and they feel a little peppier and a little lighter. But i'm not sure what the new equivelent to it is.