Stihl MS 361 review by non-user.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-cut--

Also, what the heck is a sowing machine??? :monkey:

I think it is a "wild oat rooster robot," but I'm not certain.

Maybe we should add the MS361 to the list that includes politics, religion, and sex, topics taboo for discussion by civil folk........

Is the sewing machine attachment available in the US, or is it a European thing? Might come in handy for repairing torn PPE........

Hey Boss, as many times as you've changed the title of this thread, it must be a good one! :)

Wonder if will get as winded as the beg ho thread....If so, it ought to get really exciting. :laugh:

As a matter of fact.....I'll go as far to say.....My buddies old McCulloch TimberBear (60cc I believe) probably would have stomped the 361 on that given Sunday. :dizzy:

OK oK oK, here's where I have to chime in. I Own both a 360pro. close enough and a Mac timber bear. And here' the difference. True the Mac will stay on the feild, but will loose at the end of the day, not to mention use at least 30% more fuel. And my back will break after about 3 strait hours of use. Heavon forbid I run it out of fuel, it a _itch to restart then. My pro saw runs faster, weighs far less, and uses ALOT less fuel. Slam me if you guys want, but THe Mac used to be my bread&butter saw before the pro, and I will never go back down the Mac trail.:chainsaw:

OK oK oK, here's where I have to chime in. I Own both a 360pro. close enough and a Mac timber bear. And here' the difference. True the Mac will stay on the feild, but will loose at the end of the day, not to mention use at least 30% more fuel. And my back will break after about 3 strait hours of use. Heavon forbid I run it out of fuel, it a _itch to restart then. My pro saw runs faster, weighs far less, and uses ALOT less fuel. Slam me if you guys want, but THe Mac used to be my bread&butter saw before the pro, and I will never go back down the Mac trail.:chainsaw:

Can't disagree with ya there. :laugh: :givebeer:

Maybe we should add the MS361 to the list that includes politics, religion, and sex, topics taboo for discussion by civil folk........

:monkey:..............:hmm3grin2orange:

Lights out....I'm heading to bed.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
I might just give mine away, I'm tired of hearing about them! Any under-privlidged kids on here that need a saw and have an illness?

Run one yourself....with a good chain...then report back...

I did tell the guy to get a good chisel chain and do a little surgery on the muffler/muzzle and he'd think it was a completely different saw.

If I get a chance to cut with him again, I'll insist he lets me hold it in the wood! :givebeer:

I was invited over to a buddies house Sunday to cut some wood. When I get there, he says, I told the neighbor to come over too. Well, low and behold there he stands holding a 361 in all its glory. :)

So I'm thinking I can't wait to see this thing run, never seen one cure cancer in person. I have to say, I was not overly impressed. Ok, I'm not really impressed at all!

Granted he stihl had the factory safety chain on (20" bar) but it was throwing nice chips so I assume it was fairly sharp. I did not run it but did hold it and could definitely tell it had more girth than my 5100.

The thing was so quite and restricted (gutless) sounding, I would say the muffler needs gutted big time and I'm sure a good chain would make a noticeable difference.

It would have been embarrassing to Stihl if we would have laid those two saws in that 14" oak at the same time......My 5100 is all stock except for the chisel chain. He did stand there for about 5 mins just watching me running the 5100 and said after I stopped "that thing's a runner!" :)

Bottom line, in stock form, the 5100 sounds and cuts like a Ferrari and the 361 like a Ford/Chevy. :)

Let the flogging begin....:laugh:
Quit being so honest, was it broke in yet, most are dogs when brand new. Steve

Quit being so honest, was it broke in yet, most are dogs when brand new. Steve

LOL ...... I honestly don't know ....... He said he has had it about 2 months but claims he bought it used, from a guy at work.

Now if you really want me to be honest (I didn't want to send the ole boys over the top but guess I already have. lol) when I asked why he got rid of it, he claims the guy had a change of heart and decided he didn't need it. :monkey: :ices_rofl:

Hey, the new owner is happy though....He says he loves it, compared to his WildThing. :clap:

And now a word from our Bo Diddley:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qs8FJergjas&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qs8FJergjas&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bickering.

They sure aren't like that over here - if anywhere - I guess nobody tried to tune the carb?...:censored:

My stock 361 outcuts a stock 5100 with a wide margin, no comparison at all really - and it revs up much faster as well.

The cylinder and muffler is different here than in the US though......

My old 120si will out cut your 361 troll......Sure you can put .325 on yours..

I have and all I can say is farttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
Lacking power imo over rated and charged but good
runner for a weak saw.

Then explain why you are in the minority with your opinion. Plenty of folks here, many with no brand loyalty and even some with a preference other than Stihl, claim it is a great saw. Which 60cc saw is better? I don't have a 60cc saw, so convince me which one is best.

Back