Stihl MS 462?? I think not..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to love these I heard it from a reliable source threads.[emoji41]
Reliable meaning somebody who has been falling Timber in the PNW for 35 years and works closely with the most reputable saw shop in the Nation..

received_1324035764293594-jpeg.540766

received_1324035767626927-jpeg.540767

Reliable meaning somebody who has been falling Timber in the PNW for 35 years and works closely with the most reputable saw shop in the Nation..
That may very well be the case, but it means diddly squat. Stihl keeps this stuff very quiet, and when it does get out, Stihl has been known to take real action.

Guess we will see. I have seen these pics as well, but I don't get the one piece top cover, those are annoying.

an intake supported by the case is great. i'm not sure how those new stihls are but the one piece cover leads me to believe stihl has copied husky again and are now adding case support for the intake. i just wish husky would copy stihl and add a similar master control lever and split mufflers. with those 2 things there would be not one thing better about stihl to me.

View attachment 546728
Is this bottom picture a 462 hidden in the trunk of a car?
Don't they design and build all saws over a certain size in Germany still?
@StihlNick , Why would they ship it over here to field test it. They have trees over there too don't they? lol

Actually they do a great deal of testing in house. I will try and find a link to a video that shws the testing, from very hot and humid to extremely cold they do it in house. I often get a chuckle when its a source that seems to know all and I hear things like dealers are told to pull them off the shelves when the protocol is to replace the defective part and sell them. I think many forget that each dealer owns the business and IF there was to be a recall they would know about it. That is policy.

That may very well be the case, but it means diddly squat. Stihl keeps this stuff very quiet, and when it does get out, Stihl has been known to take real action.

True. When you demo saws for Stihl you're not supposed to talk to anybody except Stihl about it. They're very clear on that.

You are going to have a hard time convincing most of these guys ,they have never stepped foot in a saw shop like we have out here .Madson's and Wood's Logging would know about any new models long before this site would . They do not advertise here so not much info about them on the site .

First I've heard of, of a massive recall on the 461 line. :confused:

Local dealers don't know anything about it.

Care to elaborate a bit?
it isn't technically a recall...yet....they issued whats called a stop sale to dealers on a block of serial numbers. I assume they will have to send out a letter to anyone that has a saw registered within that serial number range to have them bring the saws back for rework...but until then it isn't a recall...that's why nobody knows about it. I don't know why your local dealer doesn't know about it....letters were sent out, as well as emails.

Back