Stihl MS 462?? I think not..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True. When you demo saws for Stihl you're not supposed to talk to anybody except Stihl about it. They're very clear on that.
While I agree that it would be kept hush hush clearly the top secret tester told StihlNick and he was kind enough to let us know the top secret info! :D But seeing as there is never a shred of real proof of these rumors I am just going to have to believe what I see in front of me. Does anyone know if they put that vinyl cammo on the saws like they do with new cars?

CutPicture.com_2013-Jan-07_08_38_48.jpg

it isn't technically a recall...yet....they issued whats called a stop sale to dealers on a block of serial numbers. I assume they will have to send out a letter to anyone that has a saw registered within that serial number range to have them bring the saws back for rework...but until then it isn't a recall...that's why nobody knows about it. I don't know why your local dealer doesn't know about it....letters were sent out, as well as emails.

Thanks for the info. and update.

I called three dedicated Stihl dealers and none of them had a clue what I was talking about. Guess I need to call an ACE Hardware store that sells Stihl. They're usually good about stuff like this.

They should just call it the 562
I was never extremely impressed with my 562xp, but my 550xp 16" is one of my favorite saws besides my 661, Which by the way The captive bar nuts on the 661 have been recalled as well they had to give me a new side cover :p

Attachments

• IMG_20161228_165211.jpg
    IMG_20161228_165211.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 47
Made a phone call and verified the recall / stop order is legit.

Also have the serial number range of affected saws. It is as follows:

173092800 - 181993952

Was also told not to rush to being affected saws in to shop, as Stihl hasn't yet decided what they are going to do.

And yes......my 461R is one in the recall. :mad: :dumb2:

He thought I was BS'n too cause I made up some story about a 5 series Stihl :p

173092800 - 181993952

Was also told not to rush to being affected saws in to shop, as Stihl hasn't yet decided what they are going to do.

Mine is in that number too... stihl has my email so we see what they do....wonder how many lean siezed because of this???

173092800 - 181993952

You need to remember. This is the internet. Nuff said.............:drinkingcoffee:

Anyone know what the issue is?
I guess fuel line problem, what did they say when you called

Some of the fuel hoses used in the serial number range 173092800 - 181993952 were damaged during manufacturing, causing a potential fire hazard. Dealers have pulled them.

You did indeed, and for that, I thank-you. I tend not to read each and every post in a thread. I just kind of skim over them here and there.

Bad fuel lines are a lot less of a concern than I had imagined. I was thinking something along the line of a bad engine component, requiring engine repair.

i am confused, I thought you called and talked to someone????

I did, but the person I spoke to, said that he was not at liberty to discuss the issue / problem......until Stihl told them he could.

My take on the matter, is that Stihl does not want MS-461 owners making minor repairs (fuel lines) on their own.

I did, but the person I spoke to, said that he was not at liberty to discuss the issue / problem......until Stihl told them he could.

My take on the matter, is that Stihl does not want MS-461 owners making minor repairs (fuel lines) on their own.

Ahh I get your logic here!! People would try and repair it themselves when the dealer would do it for free. :eek: LOL hardly my friend.

They wouldn't even let me replace the fuel cap on my fs110 when I took it in for the fuel cap recall.

So this is just a fuel line recall, not an all out recall like they did with the first 661's?

Ahh I get your logic here!! People would try and repair it themselves when the dealer would do it for free. :eek: LOL hardly my friend.

I know some that would do exactly that, rather than drop their saw off and not get it back for a week or longer. It's been a very, very long time since I took some O P E into a shop for service.

I'm not even sure what a reasonable turn-around time is anymore.

Yes sorry, I read it wrong and edited my first post!!!!

Thanks for letting us know.... let me know if you hear anything... thanks kyle

I have a saw in that serial number range as well and didn't know anything about this issue,thank you guys for posting this info.

Back