Stihl MS 661 32" bar size maximum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had no dramas mounting the 36" ES in .404". Clearance off the rim and bar adjustment was fine. It may just be your photo but are you sure the bar you have is a 12mm 3003 mount bar? It looks like you have a bit of clearance between the bar studs and bar slot. It's not a 14mm 3002 mount bar is it?

You have the wrong bar sir,a regular. 063 3/8 bar is the same as 404.just the bar tip is different and the drive sprocket has to be 404. That bat may be for an ms880 maybe?

Thanks guys, it is a 3002 mount, now I have (2) ES 3003 bars for 36" .404 on order ................. $120.00 for BOTH .......... :rock:

I run a "42 on my 395 (and with our falling techniques, most of guys use "24 for their biggest bars, I'm pretty sure there's any tree in France that I can't cut with my "28 bar on my 288!)), only to buck firewood piles. But all the bars of that length (and longer) are.063. Usually, .050 isn't available in France, for us, Stihl=.063 and Husky=.058.

But if Husqvarna's longest bars are in .063, it is probably because they carry more oil.

If you have a 3/8 bar already ,you can just change the tip , the old roller nose bars are cool ,can run 3/8 or 404 on them ,no sprocket in the tip .
I thought about that, but @ $60 for a new 36" ES bar, I don't mind having a few .050 in .375 and a few .063 in .404

It will also let me run my 661 against my 066 without any downtime swapping bars & chains in both .404 and .375 - CAD weaves a tangled web !!

He lookethed in the mirror as he typed that.

His avatar is a pic of who he aspires to be.

As his screen name states, he's like Bruce Jenner, he don't know which way to go.

"I have a potty mouth"'ins And Stuffs
Good one ............. my water made it to my screen, right out of my mouth !!!!!
:laugh: :laughing:

I thought about that, but @ $60 for a new 36" ES bar, I don't mind having a few .050 in .375 and a few .063 in .404

It will also let me run my 661 against my 066 without any downtime swapping bars & chains in both .404 and .375 - CAD weaves a tangled web !!
I tried to grind 404 on the silvey , had a hard time getting them done compared to 3/8 ,teeth size makes a difference they must be taller or something ,that 404 would not work on the .050 bar anyways even with a tip change ,i believe it is .063 only

I tried to grind 404 on the silvey , had a hard time getting them done compared to 3/8 ,teeth size makes a difference they must be taller or something ,
They wear out a file faster as well :laugh:

that 404 would not work on the .050 bar anyways even with a tip change ,i believe it is .063 only
I have a few .063 bars for .375 hanging. Thought about the tip change, but when my dealer told me the price for the new bar, I couldn't say no and ordered them :chainsaw:

They wear out a file faster as well :laugh:

I have a few .063 bars for .375 hanging. Thought about the tip change, but when my dealer told me the price for the new bar, I couldn't say no and ordered them :chainsaw:
What is the part number?

Latest posts

Back