Stihl MS200T VS. Husqvarna 335XPT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had the cash, which would you buy?

• Stihl MS200T

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Husqvarna 335XPT

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

WillClimb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
OK, everything considered, including warranties, ease of buying parts, cost, performance, etc. Pretend that you have the cash to buy either of these two saws. Now, which one would you buy?

BTW, I think that the MS200T is the new version of the 020T. If I'm wrong, please tell me.

I like the feel of the 335 much better, ala the contoured handle. I have used both and they are both good, Stihls just cost too damn much for parts and filters. The bar on the 020 (200T) is some liquid titanium balanced thing that they try to juice you for when replacement time comes.

Well HUSKYMAN, I thought about you when I created this poll and even considered disqualifying you ;) Kidding - No, I had a sure feeling of what your response would be. I certainly appreciate the good info. Thanks man.

I think the Echo 3400 will do everything those 2 saws will do, and do it just as well for a couple hundred dollars less. One guy I worked for once was going to buy me a new climbing saw when I took over his tree crew. He was going to buy me a 020T and I told him to save his money. Got an Echo AND a new blower for the cost of an 020T.

He already had 2 older 020T's, I let the groundmen use them for ground saws. Half the time I had to finish cutting up brush with my climbing saw when I came down cause the 020T's kept breaking down.

Last edited:
Brian -
You didn't vote, man. I already have a CS-3000 and 3400 and I'm very happy with both of them. They're going to the crew though.
The boss-man is gettin' a high dollar tree saw that only the boss-man can use.:D Maybe that's being materialistic, but so be it.

The contest right now is between the Stihl and the Husky. :rolleyes:

I've seen a couple 335's come and go and the 20 I've had all the whale is still in good shape, and it starts when you pull the cord

Back