Stihl MS391 popping noise at clutch.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger a. hendrix

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Stihl Ms391, When you tighten the chain to where it needs to be there is a clicking noise when turn the chain on the bar by hand and when you releases the tension you want hear it. I took the chain off and spin the clutch and didn't feel any tension or clicking noise at that point, got any idea. Noise occurs at clutch when regulate tension on chain. Thanks

Thanks . for getting back to me , The sprocket is worn with notches in it, also I have a problem when cold hard to start when it runs and gets hot it cranks easier, do you think I have a problem with intake gasket. Gets hot and seals off?

Thanks . for getting back to me , The sprocket is worn with notches in it, also I have a problem when cold hard to start when it runs and gets hot it cranks easier, do you think I have a problem with intake gasket. Gets hot and seals off?

Back