• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@CaseyForrest, how are these two saws going now? I assume they are now both broken in by now?

I wish! Its been so stinking hot and humid here, Ive had no desire to work in it.

Its starting to cool off now, and I just started getting the wood lot straightened out for processing. If we dont get an Indian summer, probably be out there within the month.

I wish! Its been so stinking hot and humid here, Ive had no desire to work in it.

Its starting to cool off now, and I just started getting the wood lot straightened out for processing. If we dont get an Indian summer, probably be out there within the month.
Hot …… I don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s been nice and cool here in the Southern Hemisphere LOL. Sounds like we have something in common in that we will never have hot start issues because we don’t do hot weather. Anyway it will be good if you can give us your assessment of the ms400 vs the 562xp as theres no comparisons out that I can find yet.

I live in Arfrica!
In Arkansas 100° is the new 90°!
Humid!
Oh, did I mention HUMID?
MIserable Heat!
Went to Burger King yesterday & they said I'd have to come in & cook it myself!
ITS THAT HOT!
100° yesterday!

Sorry a bit late to this thread, can a guy get it full wrapped? For jobs like tree spacing or fall and burn..

@CaseyForrest , just checking if you’ve has some run time on the 400 yet and can give us your assessment of it against the 562……?

My initial assessment stands. I still have a lot of noodling to do, so I’ll use the 562 next time although I don’t have a 25” bar in husky mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I know there's no such thing as a 25" husky bar, but you could use an adapter to run your "25" stihl bar on the husky:laughing:.
I have a 24" large mount husky bar here or an adapter to run the stihl bar if you need to borrow one.
Did you get them broke in yet.

As far as I know there's no such thing as a 25" husky bar, but you could use an adapter to run your "25" stihl bar on the husky:laughing:.
I have a 24" large mount husky bar here or an adapter to run the stihl bar if you need to borrow one.
Did you get them broke in yet.

I guess I had my 24" and 25" mixed up. Whats an inch among friends?!

Thanks for the offer. Ill likely end up getting a 572 and get a 25" bar for it.

So if a guy already has a 562xp and a 462, would this still be a saw to consider?
562 xp (59 cc) 462 (72 cc) & 400 (66 cc) . Although the magnesium piston may make the 400 a little more responsive in the cut ! Really depends on what application you need the saw to fulfill . The 400 is a light weight (12.8 lbs) vs (13.2) for the 462 , in size however a middleweight within performance .

Latest posts

Back